Having a tool/process to move named items to a different named item set

Sand

Hello friends,

my proposal is to have a game tool (an altar?) allowing to move any named items to a different named item set with respect to the original one.
An example can clarify better: moving 'Legendary Amethyst Loupe' from 'Legendary Saltmarsh Explorer' to 'The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse' named item set.
Not for free, not easy, but it could be useful to create a good gear for the characters.

Suggestion how to do:
- Collect 3-4-5 named items belonging to the desired named item set (example case, to 'The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse').
- Burn them in a dedicated altar to get a colorless augment with the named item set property of the destroyed items ('The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse').
- Put the colorless augment in any free augment of the named item (example case, the 'Legendary Amethyst Loupe') to remove the existing named item set ('Legendary Saltmarsh Explorer') and to assign to the item the new maned item set present in the augment ('The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse').

This process requires to collect and then destroy several named items belonging to the same set and to burn an augment slot in the changed item. So, not easy and not for free. :)

Regards,
Sand.

Upvote 1

DBZ

The feywild sets are so meh if i could swap some of them around not too bad signed

nix

Seems excessively minmax to me ... although allowing it only to switch to a lower ML set might mitigate a little?

Sand

Seems excessively minmax to me ... although allowing it only to switch to a lower ML set might mitigate a little?
Hi Nix,
honestly I don't know if it is too minmax, maybe it's possible to mitigate if this is the case.
Anyway you'd pay with the loss of an augment slot the change of named item set, which is not minor loss for an item.
Thank you for your comment, I appreciate.

Xgya

You can already do that with some sets, through augments.
It might be fun to apply to more sets.
Balances it out with the cost of an augment slot and the loss of the original set bonus.

droid327

This won't ever fly

Sets are balanced assuming you have to use the set with its intended pieces. It'd be way too powerful if you could mix and match the best pieces with a socket with best sets for your build. Kinda defeats the purpose entirely, just makes it all into a disconnected "set slot" you can fill with any set

Plus itd let you bypass the armor slot limitation, letting you equip like three armor slot sets at once plus a five piece profane set lol

The only thing I think might be balanced is if you limit it to fey gear, letting you change which season set it belongs to

Sand

This won't ever fly

Sets are balanced assuming you have to use the set with its intended pieces. It'd be way too powerful if you could mix and match the best pieces with a socket with best sets for your build. Kinda defeats the purpose entirely, just makes it all into a disconnected "set slot" you can fill with any set

Plus itd let you bypass the armor slot limitation, letting you equip like three armor slot sets at once plus a five piece profane set lol

The only thing I think might be balanced is if you limit it to fey gear, letting you change which season set it belongs to
Hi,

happy to read your comments, I see some of your points, and I've a different feeling on some of your arguments.
For example I'm not convinced the named item sets are so well balanced and I don't see why, with my proposal, it should be possible to bypass the armor slot limitations and so on. You cannot change the slot type of an item, so the equipment rules remain the same. Currently on my main legendary char I've 3 named item sets (2 artifacts + 1 profane, 5+5+3 named items), so I think it's already possible to manage together artifact and profane bonuses. Maybe I'm not catching well your comment, so I'd be glad if you could explain a little more.

The optimization of the gear is a work, a funny work, but it would be really simplified if it would be possible to manage the equipment in an easier way by using the items you like, I repeat not for free by paying with an augment slot.

Bye,
Sand.

DBZ

They already did that with slavers crafting worked great

Look at feywild spring summer winter autumn swapping a few pieces around for those sets only could be good

droid327

I don't see why, with my proposal, it should be possible to bypass the armor slot limitations and so on. You cannot change the slot type of an item, so the equipment rules remain the same. Currently on my main legendary char I've 3 named item sets (2 artifacts + 1 profane, 5+5+3 named items), so I think it's already possible to manage together artifact and profane bonuses. Maybe I'm not catching well your comment, so I'd be glad if you could explain a little more.

The way you described it, you're simply creating Set Augments for existing sets, that can be slotted into any item with a socket.

So I could, e.g., get a bunch of Part of the Family items (which is armor-gloves-neck), turn them into 3 augments, and then slot them into a cloak, a belt, and a trinket, and still get the full set bonus. Then I could wear them alongside Esoteric Initiate (armor-goggles-bracers), which is usually mutually exclusive with Part of the Family since both require the Armor slot. Many other powerful sets also require the Armor slot, to enforce mutual exclusivity.

I dont know how you could enforce "armor only" augments in the system you're describing.

I know its frustrating to see an item that's really good for its own stats, and then a different item in the same slot from a really good set, and not be able to use both. But that tradeoff is the whole point. If you could swap any item to any set, then most gearsets are going to use mostly the same awesome items, because you're no longer giving up set bonuses for them. That leads to item homogenization.

Oliphant

Maybe it would only count as 1/2 an item for set purposes, so you have to convert two or four or six or eight to get benefits.