Help me Stay Indeee Pendent

Coffey

No you are right—my mistake—I was thinking deepwood stalker improved weapon finesse.
Ninja spy would work to make them dex hit and damage. The main issue is the number of feats—OP would need to figure out how to swap out a couple to get weapon focis slashing and whirling steel strike, then fit in Knight’s Training. Very doable if he had planned it out from level 1. Whirling Steel Strike needs proficiency in longswords so that needs to be timed with a ranger level in there or cleric/sovereign host I think. Either way, it is doable but there is a lot of backpedaling.

Yea. You follow the Sovereign Host. You are proficient with Longswords and gain +1 to hit with them.

I forgot about Weapon Focus Slashing as one of the prereqs for Whirling Steel Strike.

C-Dog

I think OP has Dex to damage through DWS.
Ah, you are correct! (The old double-enhancement tree shuffle, gets me every time! o_O )

Someone mentioned scimitars and I ran with it but they won’t work—he has 3 monk levels.

we got carried away here—the scimitars will uncenter him!
GOOD! Ignore the Monk centering - as stated before, one big problem w/ this build is that it's trying to go in too many directions, too many AP's being spent for short-term gains that then are left under-developed, so no "advanced" enhancements are ever reached. Meanwhile, the restrictions are worse than the benefits they're providing (or, at least, no better than benefits from other trees, where the AP should be focused for higher-tier benefits!).

It's VERY hard to come up w/ a new concept in DDO, and there's a reason we don't see many (any?) Ranger/Monk builds - they have issues.* I would advocate abandoning Monk-centered-ness altogether - chasing too many bells and whistles, too many AP being spent to get one trick that then isn't taken to advanced stages. Streamline the build, stick to the basics, they work fine.

(* I'm thinking they are doable, but not w/ 5 levels of Cleric gumming up the works - and then whether they'd be any "improvement" is tbd - as we see now. :/ This is now triage, getting this build working again, not theory-craft time. Imo.)​

2 weapon fighter? Great - ~40 pts in Tempest, a couple dozen or so in DH, maybe a dozen in misc. from War Priest etc., done. Monk gives you Evasion (which DH doesn't get) - use Light Armor and Scimitars and call it a win.

Last edited:

Coffey

(* I'm thinking they are very doable, but not w/ 5 levels of Cleric gumming up the works. :/ This is now triage, not theory-craft time. Imo.)
2 weapon fighter? Great - ~40 pts in Tempest, a couple dozen or so in DH, maybe a dozen in misc. from War Priest etc., done. Monk gives you Evasion (which DH doesn't get) - use Light Armor and Scimitars and call it a win.

Yea Monk doesnt have to stay centered for evasion to work just breaks the stances.

Dex will add to AC Bonus while wearing light armor as well as add +1 to PRR every level.

This was a fun distraction anyways!