Help needed... my failed HC season 8 build that I wanted to love!

Frantik

Hi,

I tried this build last HC season and died twice (end fight The Pit and trap in A Cry for Help, ofc in Air Trap after zerger had sprung it). And then I gave up in frustration. I would really appreciate feedback on how to improve the build.

I tried to make a batman-ish build (good at lots of things). IKR!

Human Blightcaster 32 point 80AP (Wis based)
Druid 18
Arti 1 (lvl 1)
Fig 1 (lvl 20)

Heroic FEATS: Quicken(1), Maximize(1), Empower(3), Shield Mastery(9), Improved SM(12), Dragonmark(6), SF Evocation(15), GSF Evocation(18) and something else (duh!)

STR8 DEX8 CON14 INT16 WIS18 CHA8
Skills (6 or 8 per lvl?)... spellcraft(1), heal(1), spot(1), dd(2) search(1 or 2)...

Enhancements (trying to remember exact split) for Heroics
Human 8AP (enough for DD and, skill boost + some rogue skills)
Blightcaster 31AP (5th core)
Falconry 41AP (approx +30% health, cc, sprint and instakill)

I reasoned that in Heroics I wouldn't need acid immunity stripping (and was thinking about abandoning BC tier 5 in epics too).

So on paper, nice SLAs and CC for heroics, nice spell pool (+6 WIS plus level ups), a decent amount of health and ok-ish trapper skills. DM gives Expediteous Retreat (nice for Druids) and DD.

Epics (12+48+3 EDP)

FEATS: Wellspring of Power, Ruin, Greater Ruin and either BoGW or Epic Will; Perfect SM, Deific Warding, Epic Spell Power x2 (acid, cold... I love Tsunami and BoGW)

Draconic Incarnation 39 EDP
Primal Avatar 18 EDP (Mantle, Thorn, Evergreen)
Shadow Dancer 6 EDP (2nd core - at this point lesser HoW and respec, replacing DM with GSM)

Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. If you have a better build, I would be more than willing to listen. Thanks!

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
T4 blightcaster and T5 season's herald is nice. SH for winter's heart means even temp HP for survival beyond what the BC tree brings. Plus there's lots of other goodies that are nice in season's herald.
ZqwzEu5.jpg

Ying

5000+ hours played
First life Blightcasters are just silly easy to solo level elite. Mine only died to a BS falling bug inside Into the Deep. Get the Isle of Dread Powder-Packed Barrel, Pendant of the Earth, Signet Ring of the Earth, the WIS cloak and the insightful WIS hat. Grab a Barovian Sceptre for free for the 18 Spellsight. That gets you all the fundamental offensive capability.

40 AP in Blightcaster
31 AP in Season's Herald
Rest where you want

Be sure you're in thorn form in heroics. Save the hive form for epics when you've got Acid Well and epic destinies.