Heroic build idea for finishing off some past lives

Neurik

Back when inquisitive was released I had a heroic build idea that front loaded heroic feat power using the inquisitive tree with a separate primary class to bang out my racial past lives. Since I was on DDO break when the first archetypes were released I am playing some catchup on those lives and trying to find something that is enjoyable and easy to solo in low reaper heroics. Yes, spending any time on this is probably a moot point as I could probably take any build through low reaper heroics quickly. For me, I just do not want to think about logging in alts and dropping gear off in the shared bank, I would rather just stick with a build that works and keep all my key gear pieces at the ready in the shared bank. So this is what I am thinking for a high level split layout, I have not really figured out feats but the usual suspects will be present. Thoughts, improvements and critiques welcomed.

Base split=3 ROG/8 DL/9 XXX Strength based

Plan is to use quarterstaffs for levelling (chieftan's spear into Elemental Bloom into Syranian into Reliquary if that's your thing). Race can be whatever, maybe Aasimar for healing, or human for another early feat.

3 ROG for evasion, stick fighting, thief acrobatics, skill points, trapping if that's your thing)
5 DL for Tier 5 DL, CC, fighter and DL feats, Str trance, haste boost
9 XXX for whatever archetype/racial/heroic life you want.

Edit-My apologies if someone else posted this before, I did not comb through the forums to see if this idea has already been put forth. I realize there is nothing new and exotic here and apologize in advance if this has been put forth already.

Last edited:

droid327

Bloom is solid for leveling but I wonder if you'd get more out of falchion still. DL has plenty of CC between trip stun and roar already. And then you can push the rogue levels back and front load DL more

Neurik

Bloom is solid for leveling but I wonder if you'd get more out of falchion still. DL has plenty of CC between trip stun and roar already. And then you can push the rogue levels back and front load DL more
Yeah it probably doesn't really matter and you are right with DL being so strong I could just go 9 DL/ 11 XX and call it a day. The only reason I would take rogue would be for evasion, trapping and Qstaff goodies. I am just wrapping up my 3rd Sacred Fist Qsaff life and I have rather enjoyed them so I figured I would keep going with Qstaff over SoS/Falchion. Last three lives have been 8 DL, 1 Monk, 11 SF with Qstaff.

droid327

Yeah it probably doesn't really matter and you are right with DL being so strong I could just go 9 DL/ 11 XX and call it a day. The only reason I would take rogue would be for evasion, trapping and Qstaff goodies. I am just wrapping up my 3rd Sacred Fist Qsaff life and I have rather enjoyed them so I figured I would keep going with Qstaff over SoS/Falchion. Last three lives have been 8 DL, 1 Monk, 11 SF with Qstaff.

Qstaff makes sense specifically for Centered lives, yeah

Once you finish those up, though, next life you can try both - the only difference is the AP, and eventually the IC feat. At L10, try it out with SoS and see if you like that better. Keep Rogue for evasion and trapping and just free up the AP from TA.

Neurik

That makes sense, will do and most importantly I can still use all the same gear except for my weapons...which is easy