Hey SSG. You want people to become VIP? I got a foolproof plan.

Jummby

They will get more people Paying $12 per month for sure! Then lose on people buying pots in the store.

I am confident the one thing SSG completely understands is monetization. If there was a way to extract more money from players, it would be implemented

Kyrr

They will get more people Paying $12 per month for sure! Then lose on people buying pots in the store.

I am confident the one thing SSG completely understands is monetization. If there was a way to extract more money from players, it would be implemented
If they understood monetization and maximization of profits. Then they would have introduced a finalized VIP program that was accepted by players.

seph1roth5

They keep throwing store stuff at us, when many people would love QoL. Watching strimtom's vid and seeing what LoTRO got was horrifying. If they could just give us the same thing, an item that lets us access the bank or a shop from anywhere (even if it didn't work in quests, which would be fine) would be an awesome QoL.

Little stuff like making sharing/taking quests easier, or any of the thousand stuff in the post in my sig. Such a pain to go talk to 13 different npcs in a saga, then open the journal and find the 13 quests, avoiding the 4-5 non-quests in there, and share them 1 by 1, is ridiculous.

Bracelet

The VIP program is $120 for the cloud mount. Expect to see a lot of those in May 2025. Everything else, except maybe the footprints, is junk.

Smelt

If they really understood monetization they would bring back the raven loft ultimate bundle as so many people on the forums have asked for it (me included). They would also have given us the QoL items people have spoken about, rather than this lack lustre nonsense. I know that different things appeal to different people, like some of you are saying the mount is the only thing that's descent on the list and for me it's the character slot (I'm an altaholic, what can i say), but they gave those things to Lotro and despite the DDO forums begging for them decided on this instead?!?!?!?!

Giving us access to venders, the bank and AH from anywhere would have given people a reason to subscribe. The system the are going with doesn't not least because the mount, which a lot of people seem to agree is the coolest thing on the list, is only achievable if you log in and visit the vender once per month for 12 months. Life happens sometimes, I had a heart attack last year and couldn't log in for several months for example. For me this is the biggest mistake of the whole thing. Yes the rewards are bad and not worth subscribing for but then they go and make it so even if you are subscribed for the whole year you might not get all the rewards anyway. To make things a little better they should have it so that if you pay a yearly sub you get all the rewards immediately, if you pay 6 monthly you get the first 6 rewards immediately and the second 6 if you renew your sub for another 6 months when the first one lapses. and so on for 3 month sub etc.

As it stands I assume it is like a second year of the dragon thingy where if you don't subscribe in May you can't get the mount because the rewards List will change in May 2025. To me SSG didn't just drop the ball on this one they never even saw the ball coming!

TavernBrawler

25% Heroic and Epic xp bonus for VIP's. It's that simple. You like making money, right? You enjoy being able to fund stuff for future projects, yes? With this one simple trick, you too can entice players to subscribe for VIP. Just give VIP 25% bonus xp for Heroics and Epic leveling.
It is clear their main focus is in LOTRO - go check the VIP rewards there. They even went begging to EG7 for around 30 million to upgrade LOTRO but Fk all regarding DDO. Also, Tolero works full time in McDonalds and only occasionally visits DDO.

Greyhawk5

Was Amorais
DDO has always been the poor relation to LoTRO. This rewards programme just highlights that even more than ever. It's a peeve of mine that I pay VIP but likely most of that VIP money goes to LoTRO and not DDO. :confused:

Kyrr

It is clear their main focus is in LOTRO - go check the VIP rewards there. They even went begging to EG7 for around 30 million to upgrade LOTRO but Fk all regarding DDO. Also, Tolero works full time in McDonalds and only occasionally visits DDO.
But someone said they reached 54 million in revenue in 2023!

Owlbear

25% Heroic and Epic xp bonus for VIP's. It's that simple. You like making money, right? You enjoy being able to fund stuff for future projects, yes? With this one simple trick, you too can entice players to subscribe for VIP. Just give VIP 25% bonus xp for Heroics and Epic leveling.
That's pay to win... omg *** bs h4x!

Spook

No they are one of the worst at extracting money out of their players but they know everytime they miss a target they can release a coffer and make up the difference.

I have spent 20K hours with DDO and every penny they got out of me was given begrudgingly. Contrast to a mobile game I picked up during Covid I happily spent more in a year on that game than 17 on DDO.

The trick is to make the players feel like they are getting value out of their purchases which is super easy with digital assets and yet SSG can not seem to manage it even with such a loyal fanbase.

songswrath

No this is exactly opposite of what will happen. Exp is great till you 2 lvls ahead of your tr buddy. Now you are running quests hard capped.

Elminster

They keep throwing store stuff at us, when many people would love QoL. Watching strimtom's vid and seeing what LoTRO got was horrifying. If they could just give us the same thing, an item that lets us access the bank or a shop from anywhere (even if it didn't work in quests, which would be fine) would be an awesome QoL.

Little stuff like making sharing/taking quests easier, or any of the thousand stuff in the post in my sig. Such a pain to go talk to 13 different npcs in a saga, then open the journal and find the 13 quests, avoiding the 4-5 non-quests in there, and share them 1 by 1, is ridiculous.
Link to this LoTrO strimtom vid?

Elminster

Individually we spend more on this game but LoTRO makes more due to their population.

We are getting the shortend of the stick pretty hard. But, I guess it is what it is.

Smelt

Oops apparently I don't know how to past a link..... But I can insert a video so I'm completely useless.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Why?

What's the significance of the 25% number?

Sure, 25% is better than 20%, but why not suggest 30%?