High Lords will host Baba's Hut and Curse of Strahd teaching raids on Saturday, April 13 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Our last teaching raid Killing Time was a good run with 3 signups, including 1 first timer. If you missed, you can watch the replay of the livestream on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream here.

Next in our series will be a double feature in Ravenloft with Old's Baba's Hut and The Curse of Strahd on Saturday, April 13 at 1pm ET!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the DDO community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids.

If you are new to Baba and Strahd, you will need access to the Mists of Ravenloft expansion. You can run the flagging quests on heroic or legendary to flag just the same. The raids are legendary, however, and due to the very high level of the raids, we encourage attendees to be at least level 27. There are not heroic versions of these raids.

Old Baba's Hut

There is no flagging required but you must have run the intro quest Into the Mists or have a Bottle of Mist to access Barovia and the Blue Water Inn, where the raid entrance is located.

The Curse of Strahd

After running Into the Mists to access Barovia, you will need to flag by completing the story arc through 3 quest chains. Note that there are guides located in each tavern who can teleport you directly to the quest entrances, so it is not necessary to travel through the wilderness zone and find the quests. Some of the flagging quests are intricate and non-linear and may take some time to complete, so plan accordingly.

Chain 1: "In the Shadow of the Castle" - speak to Ireena Kolyana in the Blood on the Vine Tavern and follow the story arc through the quests Death House, Fresh-Baked Dreams and An Invitation to Dinner.

Chain 2: " The Vampire Hunters" - speak to Rudolph van Richten in the Blue Water Inn and follow the story arc through the quests Oath of Vengeance, A Raven at the Door, Mad Tea Party and Sealed in Amber.

Chain 3: "The Light of the Land" - speak to Ezmerelda D'Avenir in van Richten's Tower and follow the story arc through the quests The Final Vintage, Wrath of the Earth, Ravens' Bane and Sunrise.

Once you have completed all 3 chains, you can pick up the raid from Rudolph van Richten in the Blood on the Vine Tavern. Be sure to have remove curse potions with you for this event.

I do not have tutorial videos for Ravenloft, but I recommend my guildie Nimvind's Youtube series of tutorials for all Ravenloft quests at Nim Does Ravenloft! Sealed in Amber has changed a bit since then, however, so I recommend The Amber Temple Project forum post for more guidance.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce. You can also stop by my livestream at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions or to sign up.

This event will be livestreamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the part splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon :)

Much love,

Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Drunken.dx

I'd recommend at least to signup for Strahd, it has some mechanics that require entire group to know what they're doing.

Considering actually signing up since it's been ages since I ran it and I forgot most of it

Vooduspyce

Great smooth runs of Baba and Strahd! We had 6 attendees who were new to or still learning these Ravenloft raids. If you missed, you can watch the highlight of the livestreams on DDO's twitch channel DDOstream below!

Our next teaching raid will be Caught in the Web on Saturday, April 20 at 1pm ET. I will post details in the Sarlona forum soon :)