High Lords will host Caught in the Web teaching raid on Saturday, April 20 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Last Saturday we had a great turnout with 6 signups, including a couple first timers to our events for our Ravenloft double feature of Old Baba’s Hut and The Curse of Strahd. You can watch the replay on DDO's Twitch channel DDOstream at Old Baba's Hut teaching raid for new players and The Curse of Strahd teaching raid for new players.

Next in our series will be Caught in the Web on Saturday, April 20 at 1pm ET

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids, and to enhance the DDO community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids but you must be at least level 20 to enter epic content. Caught in the Web is a base level 24 raid and since it is an older, lower epic level raid, we will be hosting the teaching raid on epic elite if possible so that attendees can get max favor from the event.

If you are new to Web, You will need to flag and have access to the Menace of the Underdark expansion.

Flagging for Web requires completion of 11 quests among 3 chains (Eveningstar, Sschindylryn and the Demonweb). You will also need to bring Remove Curse potions.

Eveningstar chain
Start by talking to Adamor Thellik in southern Eveningstar and do the four quests: Impossible Demands, Unquiet Graves, Lost Thread and Battle for Eveningstar. Turn in the chain to Adamor and then continue to the next chain.

Sschindylryn chain
Talk to Korrex Dunhaven in northern Eveningstar to pick up the chain. You will need to find your way to Sschindylryn through The Underdark. You can access The Underdark via the cave located in the far south portion of King's Forest. See Underdark link above for a map to get to the entrance of Sschindylryn or check out my video How to Get to Sschindylryn from the Kings Forest. Once you have found Sschindylryn, do the 4 quests: House of Rusted Blades, House of Death Undone, House of Broken Chains and The Portal Opens. Turn in the chain to Korrex to advance to the next chain. Note: finding the Underdark entrance in King's Forest and the Sschindylryn portal and the Riz Malag portal in the Underdark will grant access to new teleport locations from the Eveningstar Cavern portals, which will save a lot of travel time by allowing you to go directly to those locations. If you are interested, I have videos for House of Rusted Blades, House of Death Undone, House of Broken Chains and Portal Opens.

Demonweb chain
Talk to Xarathas in northern Eveningstar to pick up the chain. Access the Demonweb via the center portal in the Eveningstar cavern. Do the 3 quests: Trial by Fury, Deal and the Demon and Reclaiming the Rift. Once you turn the chain into Xarathas, Elminster will appear near him and will grant the raid. Note: Some of the web strands that connect the islands in the Demonweb change with each instance, so making your way to the quests will take some exploring. Falling off the edge in the Demonweb will randomly teleport you to one of three locations. One of the teleport destinations will take you to the island where Reclaiming the Rift is located. Once you learn the teleport destinations, it will make it easier to navigate to the other quests as well. I have videos for Deal and the Demon and Reclaiming the Rift that discuss how to find the quests and strategies for navigating the Demonweb. I also have a video for Trial by Fury that discusses my preferred path through the quest's confusing map.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce or Vooduspyce. You can also stop by my livestream at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions or to sign up.

This event will be livestreamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the part splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon :)

Much love,

Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Vooduspyce

Great run of Caught in the Web. We did elite so that all attendees could get maximum favor out of this 12 year old raid. We had 5 folks there who were new to or still learning. If you missed, you can watch the highlight of the livestream from DDO's Twitch channel DDOstream below!