High Lords will host Death to Suulomades teaching raid extravaganza on Saturday, May 11 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Last week's heroic and legendary Hound of Xoriat were nice smooth runs with 3 attendees who were new to or still learning the raid. You can watch the highlight of the livestream on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream here.

This week we visit a collection of DDO classics in a triple hitter special event we call our Death to Suulomades Teaching Raid Extravaganza with the theme of following the horned devil Suulomades through all the raids he appears in. First we will face off with him and kick his butt back to Shavarath in Legendary Vision of Destruction. Then we will follow him to Shavarath and pummel him again in Tower of Despair. And finally we will go back in time and defeat his forces once and for all in Legendary Chronoscope! Note that we will not be teaching heroic VOD or heroic/epic Chronoscope during our teaching raid series. The legendary versions of these raids are nearly identical to the heroic versions.

The fun starts at 1pm ET on Saturday, May 11! If you are new to or still learning these classics, please join us! If you've been interested in joining our teaching raids but haven't yet, now is a great time to start.

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the DDO community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids.

Tower of Despair is a high level heroic raid, so is recommended for levels 18+. You must be level 20+ to enter epic and legendary content and Legendary Vision of Destruction and Legendary Chronoscope are end game raids so I recommend level 29+ and geared for end game play but we will accept lower if that’s all you have, however lowbie epic toons might get banged up a bit in the legendary raids.

If you are new to VOD and Chronoscope, there is no flagging required! You will need to have access to the Vale of Twilight and Devil Assault adventure packs.

If you are new to TOD, you will need to be flagged by running 4 quests in Amrath: Genesis Point, Sins of Attrition, A New Invasion and Bastion of Power. You will need access to The Devils of Shavarath adventure pack.

New players may find some of my videos helpful for flagging:
You must bring remove curse, neutralize poison and remove disease potions. I recommend carrying these potions with you at all times, starting at level 1.

You will also want to acquire Boots of Anchoring prior to the raid. Boots of Anchoring prevent you from being banished out of the plane of Shavarath and out of the raid. The final boss Horoth can cast Banishment, and if you don't have some way to absorb spells, you will be teleported out of the raid faster than you can say "why am I suddenly in the marketplace?" If you get banished, you will not be able to re-enter the raid and get loot. You can acquire Boots of Anchoring by trading one each of the following ingredients Devil's Keepsake, Pure Shavarath Iron, Demon's Blood and Mysterious Artifact to the Planescaller Liella d'Orien in Amrath. If you cannot acquire Boots of Anchoring before the raid, we have some leftover ingredients that were donated from a previous teaching raid so we can help you get them before we start. You can also use spell absorption items or The Banhammer to avoid being banished by Horoth. Alternatively, if you have will saves of approximately 64+ and the ability to not automatically fail on a 1, such as with Saving Grace from Exalted Angel, then you won’t have to worry about being banished and will not need to protect against it.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce or Vooduspyce. You can also stop by my livestream at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions or to sign up.

This event will be livestreamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the party splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon :)

Much love,

Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

PS. only 6 weeks of teaching raids remaining in our 2024 series. In no specific order, the remaining raids after our Suulomades event will be Project Nemesis, Too Hot to Handle, heroic Abbot, Mark of Death, Demon Queen (Zawabi's Revenge) and Titan Awakes. That will complete every raid in the game and we'll probably do Fire Over Morgrave again at the end since it's the newest raid.

Vooduspyce

We had 4 folks who were new to or still learning today's raids. We started with Legendary Vision of Destruction, just doing normal for the teaching raid.

After kicking Sully's butt back to Shavarath, we then sought him out again in Tower of Despair...

After defeating him and Horoth in Tower of Despair we went back in time to defeat his devil invasion forces in Legendary Chronoscope...

Next in our teaching raid series will be a double feature in Sharn with Project Nemesis and Too Hot to Handle on Saturday, May 18. No flagging for PN but THTH requires completion of sharn chain 1 and 2 (not cogs). So get flagged and I'll post details in the Sarlona forum soon!

After the Sharn raid event there are only 4 more weeks of teaching raids remaining in our 2024 series. In no specific order, the remaining teaching raids events will be:
  • Heroic Abbot
  • Mark of Death and Demon Queen (Zawabi's Revenge)
  • Titan Awakes
  • Fire Over Morgrave (this will be the second time this season and will be the final event)

Last edited: