High Lords will host Killing Time teaching raid on Saturday, March 30 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Our last teaching raid Riding the Storm out was the first installment of the 2-part Kor Kaza storyline. RSO can be a challenging raid, but with a little preparation and organization, we showed that this can be a very smooth raid. If you missed, you can watch the highlight of the livestream on DDO's Twitch channel here.

Next in our teaching raid series will be the sequel to RSO with Killing Time on Saturday, March 30 at 1pm ET!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the DDO community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids but you must be at least level 28 to enter Killing Time, however I recommend attendees be at least level 29 and geared for end game play. 1000+ hit points recommended.

If you are new to Killing Time, there is no flagging required! You will need to have access to the Dragonblood Prophecy adventure pack.

There are a few things you should do to prepare for the raid:

1. You must have Feather Fall. There are many long jumps in this raid that are impossible to make without Feather Fall. If you cannot fit a feather fall item into your gear set, you can use a level 4 augment Topaz of Feather fall, which can be purchased from Lahar, the epic vendor in The Twelve for 20 Tokens of the Twelve or from collectables traders Kipling Vranch or Peta Flashpin in the Market for 8 astral shards. For more about purchasable augments check out the DDOwiki article here.

2. You must bring Potions of Remove Curse

3. You must have electrical damage absorption. The blue dracolich boss hits hard with electrical attacks. To mitigate the electrical damage, bring an electrical absorption item - with the massive amounts of electrical damage that we will encounter, an absorption item is clutch. You can craft absorption items using Cannith Crafting or you can find randomly generated items with the descriptors "Electricity Absorption" or "Insulated". You can also use named items such as Ring of the Djinn, Prismatic Cloak or Legendary Ring of Flickering Steel . A list of named electric absorption items can be found on DDOwiki here. You can also use a 4-piece sentient weapon Electrocution filigree set for the 50% electrical absorption effect. You can check the amount of electrical absorption your character has in the + tab under the elemental Elemental Defenses heading.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce. You can also stop by my livestream at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions or to sign up.

This event will be livestreamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the part splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon :)

Much love,

Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

PS. New players may find a couple of my videos helpful, including Improve Your Survivablity: Layers of Defense and How to Increase Your Hit Points.