Highlander Reboot

The_Apocalypse

Yeah. A Highlander remake of the original. Modernized. With flashy big-name actors, huge flashy director, and uber special effects. Lemme just say, "over 100 million dollars".

Can tell I'm looking forward to it, heh.

First off, I just want to say that one of the things I liked about the original was that the two lead roles were being played by pretty much no-namers who looked fit, but by no means overly muscled. There was like one famous person in the movie: Sean Connery. It was low budget. I feel like the most money was probably spent on Queen to do the soundtrack.

This time, we have director Chad Stahelski, who is known for directing the John Wick movies (and ONLY the John Wick movies). Guessing heavy CGI and John Wick fight scenes...

So, Henry Cavill is starring as Conner MacLeod... The most physically fit Scottish warrior to ever walk the planet. I mean, back then, Scottish warriors looked pretty much like a biker who drinks a lot. In the Scottish Highlands of 1536, here comes young Conner to his first battle all 40 years old and built with 3% body fat and such... Yeah. He's the only actor they are willing to come out and say will definitely be in the movie, and...

The Kurgan. I could rave about Clancy Brown for pages. Needless to say, big shoes to fill... Not even sure if The Kurgan will even be the bad guy in this. Read somewhere that the villain will be a Mongol, so... that's a thing. There's a recent statement from about a month ago saying that Michael Fassbender will be the villain... /sigh

Maybe they'll change it up and Fassbender will be Conner, and Cavill will be the Kurgan... better? ...

Of course, MY choice for a villain would have to be Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson. Coming in at 6' 9", 430-ish lbs, and labeled the strongest man of all time, the guy's a monster. Perfect bad guy, just watch Game of Thrones.

Anyways, sorry you read my partial rant.

Last edited:

Uska

Founder
I’ll watch it probably but my expectations are beyond low it will probably be worse than Highlander 2 the quickening not a Cavill fan really and can’t see Fassbender in either role

Elminster

7n8575.gif

Buddha5440

I agree. The original Highlander was a cracking movie. No need to redo it. There can be only one.👍

Seems to be a lot of remakes going round these days. Lack of ambition and imagination from Hollywood I reckon. ☹️
More like lack of intelligence. If you have imagination but can't wirte (intentional) properly... It's what we get for allowing students to use IDK, FWIW,etc. in term papers; and when they rarely get dinged for it they complain about it and try to get the professor fired.