Hireling Ability Bars?

Metagation

Hello, oh wise and experienced hireling foible sufferers!

I am new to the game and I have a character dedicated to soloing. I have discovered being deleveled by the well know and iconic Beholder and I lack the rolled up newspaper to smack him on the nose, but I digress.

My question is: How do I get the ability bars to appear for my hirelings. Currently I have Teal and Fergus and try as I might I cant get both of their ability bars to be up for manual selection.

I know I am a just a young jelly cube but I hope you can help me.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
It's likely that they're stacking on top of one another by default. If you have unlocked hotbars, you can simply drag the first hireling hotbar to wherever you like. If your hotbars are locked, the default shortcut to lock/unlock hotbars is "cntl + =". By pressing control and equals buttons on your keyboard at the same time, you will "unlock" the hotbars to allow for the new placement.

Once you have the hireling bars set up the way you like, you can lock the hotbars and save the layout using the commain "/ui layout save <name>". Then, whenever you want to use this same setup, just type "/ui layout load <name>". Note that this will save a txt file on your local machine and is not stored in your online character settings. So, when playing from a different computer, you will need to save the layout again before attempting to load it.

Hope this helps!

Also, if you enjoy solo play with hires, you might want to check out this summoner build I played a few months ago: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/the-summoner-has-been-summoned.7287/#post-74202 I was able to "solo" R10 content on this build.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
As Grig said for seperating them. But if you don't see any hireling bars (when they're summoned, they don't show until summoned) then they're probably hiding behind some other UI element and you'll want to move those on top around until you find them.