Hireling update, with or without AI update.

Buddha5440

Hirelings seriously need an update/upgrade!!!

Every Cleric/FVS hire that is at a high enough level to cast it should have the following: Cure wounds(of the appropriate lv), Restoration (lesser/regular/greater), Death Ward, Heal (but not Mass, as they die before they can cast it), Raise Dead/Resurrection, Nightshield, etc ...

Every Wizard/Sorc/Bard hire that is at a high enough level to cast it should have the following: Shield/Nightshield, Repair (of the appropriate lv), etc...

Every Rogue hire should be able to spot/disable traps at Elite for their level; otherwise...what is the point of having them even exist.

Those are my thoughts...Feedback is encouraged.

Enjoy the game and, by all means, HAVE FUN !!! :)

Upvote 3

Deathbringer

Grim Lord of the Dead + Since 2010 +
Yes, the Hirelings Clerics must have Quicken Spell feat also! so they can use Heal Mass more efficienctly

Labuff

Every Cleric/FVS hire that is at a high enough level to cast it should have the following: Cure wounds(of the appropriate lv), Restoration (lesser/regular/greater), Death Ward, Heal (but not Mass, as they die before they can cast it), Raise Dead/Resurrection, Nightshield, etc ...

Every Wizard/Sorc/Bard hire that is at a high enough level to cast it should have the following: Shield/Nightshield, Repair (of the appropriate lv), etc...
The main reason why this cannot be done is because the existing system for hirelings only allows for 4 abilities (the others being taken by "control" commands like stay/go, aggressive/defend/passive, and interact. Same thing for pets.

Which makes me go to something i want to add to this suggestion: make it so that the aggressive/defend/passive mode buttons are all combined into one, making it so that clicking on it becomes a "rotating" toggle (As in, clicking it switches the mode like so: defend - aggressive - passive - defend). Like this, two spots gets freed, allowing for not 4, but 6 abilities/spells usable at once for hirelings and pets !

While this will not completely fix hirelings, i do belive that it will help make them feel better, and you can always combine it with the above suggestions...!

Cheeps

Tired Member
If you don't like the way the AI functions, use the Heystack Ironhorse hireling.

In my experience, he doesn't use any sort of AI attached to his programming at all.

(y)

Silvorn

Running a fighter. Annoying trying to figure out which cleric/FS has restoration. Some list it, some have it and will cast it but isn't shown on their spells.