hirelings that can pick locks

Drunken.dx

can we get them changed so that they interact with locks same way they interact with traps?

I have Frogo and am not amused by sheer amount of locks he won't even interact with, I mean, big part of him is having option to unlock stuff on toon that can't use lockpicking or Knock spell, but he fails flat here because lock interacting is poorly implemented.

Most recent example: he can't interact with any deposit box in Stormreaver Fresco quest...

Upvote 2

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
It's an issue with something else within DDO (currently unsure what exactly is the problem as there could be a few things). There are some gates in the game that are non interactable by hirelings as well.

Whilst Frogo can't interact with all of the locks in Stormreaver Fresco, you can interact with the upper lock and locks for vertical aligned boxes by jumping on top of them, then calling up Frogo, then having them unlock. It might take an attempt or two to get Frogo working but it is possible.

The lower boxes are not possible to interact with by Frogo even doing this (assuming you can jump that high to get on top of the boxes in the first place).

It's not an elegant workaround, but it can get some of what you need in the mean time at least.

J1NG

Ahpuch

Lilo works for the lower ones, but can't reach the top ones.

It's an obstruction of some kind issue. Not sure what exactly at the moment. But height of the character plays a factor.

J1NG
Yeah, positioning is extremely finicky. Be prepared to have to move the hireling to several positions around the chest to see if one can get them to the sweet spot. They need to change hirelings so they will try to pick as long as they are in within 10 feet of the chest and stop worrying about their precise position.

I am still disappointed that when Saltmarsh was released and Froggo couldn't pick one chest in Hijacked Haul, they just moved the chest rather than fix the bad AI ( The Hijacked Haul - A locked chest has been moved to a drier location.) Granted, that may have been an underwater issue but the lock picking position problems were present back then.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
.....for Frogo
maxresdefault.jpg