How bad is farming legandary gear on Normal/Hard ?

lppmor

What came first, the egg or the chicken?

In other words, how can I farm legendary gear on Elite/Reaper mode if my current gear does not allow me to even survive Elite/Reaper?

In other words, how bad is farming on Normal/Hard?

For example, the wiki says you can only get artifact items from Sharn saga reward on Elite/True Elite.
An what about end-chests in quests? How bad is to get those named items on Normal/Hard?

Mesmerin

Normal - 10% chance of getting a named item in the end chest
Hard - 16% chance
Elite - 33%
Reaper 33 % +1% per reaper level.

Best way to farm is with friends or to post a group asking for help

droid327

2-3x as bad

If you can't handle elite Sharn, you need stepping stone gear. Free raven weapon, keep gear, ML20 upgraded gear is easy to acquire and doesn't require LE content

songswrath

Bring friends, guildies or whomever. DDO is infinitely easier in a full group than it is to solo. Plus, I've found people happy to pass loot when you're looking for an item.
Even more so if you are capped and just need hands in chest. Everyone lvling up loves some free exp

Dom

Just make a sorcerer. don't even need gear.
Yes. Dragon breath was in fact not nerfed. Not sure what all the fuss has been about.

image.png

J-2

Think back to that time at the grocery store when you were loading up the car and accidentally got your marble sack snagged on something in the trunk just moments before you closed the lid repeatedly. It's something akin to that. Will make you wish you had gone off to do anything else.

Elite and reaper aren't a whole lot less frustrating. You're just taking less lid closures.

Silverfox

What came first, the egg or the chicken?

In other words, how can I farm legendary gear on Elite/Reaper mode if my current gear does not allow me to even survive Elite/Reaper?

In other words, how bad is farming on Normal/Hard?

For example, the wiki says you can only get artifact items from Sharn saga reward on Elite/True Elite.
An what about end-chests in quests? How bad is to get those named items on Normal/Hard?

Without knowing what expansion packs you have I would suggest looking here

This may also be of some use for gear tetris

I figure you don't have adequate gear at this point to complete the content at the Elite and R1 difficulty settings at level due to a lack of proper gear and possible build issues.

So concentrating on lower level content and get a good base gear setup. Since at level 30 or 32 you can farm these items easier. Upgrade the gear you want and work you way upwards. In this way you are building a gear setup that will allow you to complete content with better gear. Then go to the next expansion pack or quests to upgrade to your next gear tier by level. In doing so you should be increasing your over all gear to complete content at each step up. You will need to play the gear tetris game but there are plenty of people on the forums and in game that can help you with that or you can play that game yourself.

Farm the particular quests to obtain the items you can easily first then move onto the quests you find more difficult to complete with others who are more prepared at this time than you.

Just because you are level 30 or 32 does not mean your current gear setup and build will allow you to easily complete quests at these levels and difficulties where loot drops increase.

Last edited:

Owlbear

Keep in mind you ransack chests... So you only have a limited time you can loot a chest echt week. If you want to get the most out of those chances you do it on higher difficulty.

Lazuli

Yes. Dragon breath was in fact not nerfed. Not sure what all the fuss has been about.

image.png
This is false. It is well known that some mephits in Toee do not have MRR due to a bug (and in fact they receive more damage than normal, who knows why), but they are isolated and very specific cases. The damage you do to normal mobs -that is, to all the others- is not even close to that xd