how set augments work?

rama

Hi guys. I got a

Set Augment: Esoterica in my ring (legendary shatter ony) . i put it on and i dont see the bonus. what am i doing wrong or what i'm missing?​

PersonMan

Set augments require 3 separate items to make the set work, which means you also need to make 3 augments.
Keep in mind that any pre-existing set bonus will be disabled when you slot in a set augment.

9Imlwip.jpeg

Last edited:

Randomdude1223

As @PersonMan mentioned, set augments require three separate items. In your case, to obtain the Esoterica set, you’ll need to acquire the Cloak of the Mountain (from the Killing Time raid) three times and slot them onto three separate items. However, it’s important to note that any pre-existing set bonus will be overridden. For instance, if you’re currently using the Flamecleansed set (which consists of bracers, armor, and cloak), and you slot the set augment onto, let’s say, the wrist item/bracers, the Flamecleansed set will no longer work and will be replaced by the Esoterica set.

rama

I got it. so i need same 3 items from an specific raid in order to craft aND GET bonus. WOW...it seems extremely hard . Oh well. TY guys

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I got it. so i need same 3 items from an specific raid in order to craft aND GET bonus. WOW...it seems extremely hard . Oh well. TY guys
It's a pain if you don't raid all the time. It's mostly a raid rune dump option for people with too many laying around IMO.

Djibryl

Wait a second, please. This one hits too close to home and i felt the need to make a forum account to get to the murky bottom of the rabbit hole.

I'm working towards getting all the items to make an augment set, but the way i understood it was that you could use 3 different augments to make a set;

i.e.: what i had in mid was to make a QUICKBLADE, a LEGENDARY BULWARK and a PERFECT SILENCE, since i was under the impression that i would get the 3 enchantments.

Do i need 3 quickblade augments to get a measly "+15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot"? If so, that would put an end to Itemization Plan G and i should start preparation for Itemization Plan H.

Bjond

IMHO, all those 3x Augment sets should be 1~2x; they only grant ONE bonus. A 3x set using set-items grants 3~4 bonuses. If they want a "set" feel from using multiple, permit 3x different augments to band together and activate all of their bonuses at once.

Archaic

Do you need a set augment in 3 pieces if you have the other two of that set ? Meaning even if the set is "X" you still need "X" augment in all 3 not just the offset item to get the set augment to function?

Djibryl

IMHO, all those 3x Augment sets should be 1~2x; they only grant ONE bonus. A 3x set using set-items grants 3~4 bonuses. If they want a "set" feel from using multiple, permit 3x different augments to band together and activate all of their bonuses at once.

Let's try to look at the silver lining: to me that just means less gear tetris, less raiding, less time spent chasing items, more time to do something else outside the game.

It's not all doom and gloom, unless you're a company trying to get me to play as much ddo as possible. But, really, what are the odds of that?

Bjond

Do you need a set augment in 3 pieces if you have the other two of that set ? Meaning even if the set is "X" you still need "X" augment in all 3 not just the offset item to get the set augment to function?
Oh, oops, I was talking "I wish", not "this is how it works". I was whining, not explaining. :alien:

How it works now is you need 3x of the exact same augment in different items for the set to activate. Placing a set-augment in an item will deactivate any natural set that item has. The wiki is unfortunately vague on how they work.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The set augments are unique sets so there's no gear with them baked in. (There's other "set" type slots for dino and vecna get but that's a different system).

Djibryl

Let's try to look at the silver lining: to me that just means less gear tetris, less raiding, less time spent chasing items, more time to do something else outside the game.

It's not all doom and gloom, unless you're a company trying to get me to play as much ddo as possible. But, really, what are the odds of that?

Also that means that other than dragonlord (which they have already given me) the year of the dragon lost all meaning to me. The only other thing i was actually looking for was that-one-gift-which-is-going-to-probably-be-a-raider's-box-but-for-dragon-themed-raids that could have the glasses for the quickblade aug. Now i can stop holding my breath waiting for the end of august.

Reactions: DBZ

Gimp-1

Dont forget there are some very powerful 3pc augment sets that are made from raid gear. I try to run 2 sets of the 3/pcs augments and 1-2 sets from gear alone. Gear Tetris is a mini game in DDO.

nenetteblackmoor

Set augments require 3 separate items to make the set work, which means you also need to make 3 augments.
Keep in mind that any pre-existing set bonus will be disabled when you slot in a set augment.
Huh? Adding three set augments to one item won't have any effect?
I was planning to add the same set augment to my Minor Artifact three times from now on.

I almost messed up again!
DDO has too many traps.

PraetorPlato

Huh? Adding three set augments to one item won't have any effect?
I was planning to add the same set augment to my Minor Artifact three times from now on.

I almost messed up again!
DDO has too many traps.
The set augments do exactly what they say: they overwrite all other set bonuses and add a 3-piece set bonus to the item.