How to run (even solo!) Stealthy Repossession

C-Dog

I joined a PUG for Stealthy. We got in, and it became immediately apparent that no one - NO ONE - in the original group had any plan (or clue) how to run the quest. <sigh>

There are several valid strategies, but it's kinda critical for the leader or group to pick one and stick to it, even if that plan is just "Everyone stay here, I got this!"

For those who are intimidated or boggled by the prospect of a (solo) Stealthy run, here ya go:

Thread in old forums: https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/s...Repossession?p=6527830&viewfull=1#post6527830 Read the responses for alt suggestions.

Note that this thread is in the "New Player" sub-forum, so it offers no "advanced" solutions - vet players don't need this advice, and will know simpler/faster (if more expensive/demanding/riskier) options.

Haff fun stomin da cassul!
o7

Buddha5440

I actualy love that quest because it is a challenge (without just adding a ton of mobs with inflated stats) and wish they would add more quests that require thought (rather than just fancy keyboard/mouse work, if you want that play an FPS or Arcade game).

The Narc

I actualy love that quest because it is a challenge (without just adding a ton of mobs with inflated stats) and wish they would add more quests that require thought (rather than just fancy keyboard/mouse work, if you want that play an FPS or Arcade game).
Not sure what you are talking abou, Ii zerg this on reaper 2 in hardcore with plenty of fancy keyboard and mousework!

Actually every single quest in the game can be done easier with fancy keyboard/mousework, so no amount of strategy built implications to a quest will make that any different.

The great thing about DDO is the ability to be able to use skill on top of gear knowledge and build.

Happy zerging!!

Buddha5440

That doesn't make it challenging.; it simply requires dexterity. No planning goes into that, it is simply repetition and muscle memory.

The Narc

That doesn't make it challenging.; it simply requires dexterity. No planning goes into that, it is simply repetition and muscle memory.
Agreed, dexterity is skill.

I mean you dont see star athletes with just the brains on the game they play, they also have the phsical skill to excel past all others and reach the top echelon of their respective game.

As an example a person lobing a basketball into a net up in the air can strategize and plan and slowly approach the shooting point, but, another person with better quicker physical skills is still going to make anything that seems challenging for the slower methodically player very simple to achieve indeed.

My only advice is practice gets you closer to perfection, i work with a close group of like minded players and help them to achieve better game knowledge as well as better gaming skills(these require some sort of desire to learn and improve).

Buddha5440

Agreed, dexterity is skill.

I mean you dont see star athletes with just the brains on the game they play, they also have the phsical skill to excel past all others and reach the top echelon of their respective game.

As an example a person lobing a basketball into a net up in the air can strategize and plan and slowly approach the shooting point, but, another person with better quicker physical skills is still going to make anything that seems challenging for the slower methodically player very simple to achieve indeed.

My only advice is practice gets you closer to perfection, i work with a close group of like minded players and help them to achieve better game knowledge as well as better gaming skills(these require some sort of desire to learn and improve).
Apples to oranges. This is not a physical sport.

The Narc

Apples to oranges. This is not a physical sport.
Lol keyboards and mouses are physical, unless you have a different category that they fit into, i am all ears to your theory on what they would be besides physical!

My edit: wait, i figured it out when DDO allows players Psionics i will use that to control my keyboard and mouse….

Last edited:

Buddha5440

Lol keyboards and mouses are physical, unless you have a different category that they fit into, i am all ears to your theory on what they would be besides physical!
As a former college athlete.., I ind that offensive. Gaming is not a sport (Even is ESPN+ seems to thin it is.).

My point was that 'Challenge' in an MMORPG is not based on how many HP the mobs have or how hard they hit.: It's about presenting a challenge to the player to figure out how to overcome the challenge.

Challenge in DDO has come to the point that it's simply 'let's increases the HP of the same mobs and let them do X10 -X100 damage' and say that's a challenge.

A real challenge would be a "GROUP" having to evaluate a situation and find a way to defeat the enemy in said situation.. Mobs that take longer to kill with the same mechanics are not a challenge...they are just a grind.

Also, your post is just a continuing declination of society in general.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
I usually do the shelf method, problem is shelf space is limited.

Still havent figured out how to do the 0 prophets death and shelf them all, I'll figure out how to do perfect score one day.

Oh yeah, one day I'll figure out how to jump into that space in the room also.

Alco

The easiest way I have ever done it is on a bard - just ran through and fascinated everything. This must have been over 10 years ago, though...

Alco

As a former college athlete.., I ind that offensive. Gaming is not a sport (Even is ESPN+ seems to thin it is.).

As a former college athlete and semi-pro player I find it amusing. If people want to call it a sport then let them - no skin off my (oft-broken) nose.

I do draw the line at quidditch, however. It didn't even make internal sense within the books and when people take away the main skill - flying - and just run around with a stick between their legs it just gets sillier. No, that is not a sport.

The Narc

My point was that 'Challenge' in an MMORPG is not based on how many HP the mobs have or how hard they hit.: It's about presenting a challenge to the player to figure out how to overcome the challenge.

Challenge in DDO has come to the point that it's simply 'let's increases the HP of the same mobs and let them do X10 -X100 damage' and say that's a challenge.

A real challenge would be a "GROUP" having to evaluate a situation and find a way to defeat the enemy in said situation.. Mobs that take longer to kill with the same mechanics are not a challenge...they are just a grind.

Also, your post is just a continuing declination of society in general.
Well you are of course entitled to your opinion.

Funny part is your long winded rabble still didnt answer my questions in response to your response, which was, if using a keyboard and a mouse is not classified as a physical action what exactly would you with all your expertise classify it as.

So far you havent actually stated anything all you have done is try to tear down someone elses opinion which is a classic tactic not accepted in actual scholarly debates, i am happy to hear why exactly you think dexterity(your word) is not a physical skill?

The Narc

As a former college athlete and semi-pro player I find it amusing. If people want to call it a sport then let them - no skin off my (oft-broken) nose.

I do draw the line at quidditch, however. It didn't even make internal sense within the books and when people take away the main skill - flying - and just run around with a stick between their legs it just gets sillier. No, that is not a sport.
It certainly doesnt rank up there with more physically demanding sports such as baseball, soccer and hockey (just maybe i excelled well at all those), but physical dexterity does make the challenge of ddo easier.

Honestly do I think gaming should be considered a sport, No. but neither should poker or chess, lol and I am not sure there is any physicality in those, i guess sitting at tables for hours on end mentally able to make good decisions could qualify on the smallest if levels in poker.

Joining you on the broken nose part though, my count is at nine times and cant breath very well out one of the nostrils now. But hey those were the good ole days when someone did something dirty and heinous and you just filled them in for what they did(sometimes you lost).

The Narc

My edit: wait, i figured it out when DDO allows players Psionics i will use that to control my keyboard and mouse….
Revised my original post with an edit, still awaiting a theory from buddha though.