I am a big fan of expensive cosmetics (and the lich stuff looks sick)

Drachmor

No joke lol. I would much rather SSG keep making kick-ass cosmetics for a premium to keep the lights on, cuz that means they can then be more ethical w/ like the interrelation between money and actual gameplay stuff.

Uhhh. Hopefully. Maybe that's naïve of me? Honestly DDO's payment model is still quite reasonable tbh I mean you really can do a lot on a budget / free. But the Lamannia xp changes have understandably shaken a few peoples' security in that notion, as some have worried their xp potions will now essentially be less cost-effective. Anyway, I don't know if I have any more thoughts on that whole sitch', but awesome cosmetics being sold for a buncha money, I'm actually a fan. More pls!

Especially more animated costumes, those look sick.

Tbh at the end of the day people just want their characters to feel and look cool.

Tilomere

Eventually the market needs correction and there needs to be a reset so you can resell XP and XP acceleration. It is just the form of the reset that is in question.

They could add three more reaper trees, remove the past life cap as long as your past lives are even, and then normalize XP by % Lvl/Min so you could play however you wanted.

Drachmor

When you sell XP and XP acceleration, eventually you saturate the market and there needs to be a reset so you can resell XP and XP acceleration.
Eh yeah I guess. I mean I'm not sure if I'm exactly ready to jump on the bandwagon that SSG would make changes to reduce play speed as a means to make money, but maybe that's cuz I'd kinda just... rather not believe that? It'd be nice if they could just make their money off of expansions and cosmetics and things like that, but. I'm sure they have the numbers, and I know what people really pay for in this game (like many others) is progress power and efficiency. Heck, I've bought the tomes myself, and I'll probably wanna start saving points for the next universal point tome.

I mean, assuming you can get it outside of the expansion bundle. I'm honestly too scared to look - the moment there starts to be exclusive power upgrades that can only come at a dollar cost D: well, SSG is gonna make a lot of money, and players are going to be doomed.

PaleFox

The whirly whirly chimes look great.
The kind of thing I'd expected the mummy wrappings from sands to have about a decade ago.

So, where is that sabretooth tiger as a mount?

Also, I want a headpiece based on the one that the skeleton horse has.

Spook

I dont think anyone disagrees with charging high prices for amazingly detailed cosmetics but they have to fix a couple of problems:

1) I wont switch cosmetics as mine have stats on them that are no longer available (small performance gains outweigh looking good for me)
2) I wont buy new cosmetics as there is inadequate storage to hold cosmetic items

Also the recent trend of bundling storage with high priced offers has really soured my enthusiasm to spend any money on the game

Uppsy

The cosmetic made me feel like some God lol. One cosmetic which was released years ago with MoTU which sadly you cannot get anymore is the Spider masks, I would love for them to be able to be purchased I would definitely be a buyer, I understand though how some people who bought it would feel upset however.

TeamScorpioRI

My PM Wizard is definitely going full MummRa when this comes out!

mummra_large.png

Scrag

See, why cant we just get cosmetics like this on a regular basis in the market?

Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing standard gear from existing items as cosmetics. Like, if there is a really cool sword or hammer or something, rather than:

a. trying to figure out what it is
b. then going to quest and trying to farm it
c. then buying a mirror to glam it

I would rather just say whatevs, spend the points, and not worry about a,b,c.

And I know DDO is all about here play lots of hardcore and you get wings.

Why can't we just get _not_ hc wings for points? It irritates me to no end that wings and footprints etc are gated behind something I have zero desire to do ever, no matter what the cosmetic is. I die A LOT, and for me hardcore is absolutely no fun whatsoever. Its me bashing my head against the wall dying over and over and over and never succeeding in getting what I want.

Theo

good I am glad you like them, now if they would just stop making me buy them to get the other stuff in the bundles.