I can no longer purchase DDO Points in the store

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

have to agree that I encountered this issue last time I bought the DDO points pack as well using the DDO (Windows client) with CodeWeavers CrossOver (wine) as well...I had to get my old windows laptop and download the DDO and install it to input for the additional things/window that pop up

another time I also had VMWare Fusion (they provide a free 1-user license) and download the Windows 10 or 11 from Microsoft and installed that, it still works even tho it's Not activated it just has the water marks, Installed DDO in that and it also worked for me that time to make purchase...

it's like hella annoying (takes more time) but there are some workarounds you can try if so desired...best of luck!

cdbd3rd

Here's another foible I just hit in my folly of buying points a bit ago. May help some, may not...

Verification of payment method by the old "We just charged your card a tidbit, how much did we take?" The prompt minimizes the game (my machine HATES that) and have to log onto your CC site to find what the amount was to type back into the input box. I can see how that process could get tangled up for some folks if any of the steps decides to hang.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Here's another foible I just hit in my folly of buying points a bit ago. May help some, may not...

Verification of payment method by the old "We just charged your card a tidbit, how much did we take?" The prompt minimizes the game (my machine HATES that) and have to log onto your CC site to find what the amount was to type back into the input box. I can see how that process could get tangled up for some folks if any of the steps decides to hang.
I do believe this is exactly what is happening.

To reiterate, I am running in a virtual environment on a Macintosh. As a virtual environment, there is no browser available for the game to use. There is clearly a call made to something (browser) which brings up a blank title bar (no actual window, just the title bar).

I have explained this over and over to SSG and Xsolla and they seem incapable of grasping the basic fact that there is no browser available in the virtual environment. I can easily come up with numerous alternatives to this form of verification which would work for me, yet they don't seem to even grasp that there is a problem.

The reality is SSG and Xsolla just don't care. The end result is no more DDO Points for me, no Coffer and (possibly) no more VIP. Oh, and SSG loses money. Not one company I have worked for had such a casual disregard regarding customers purchasing product. It is stunning to me.

As I said to both SSG and Xsolla: If you don't care about my money, so be it.

Mand O'Lin

have to agree that I encountered this issue last time I bought the DDO points pack as well using the DDO (Windows client) with CodeWeavers CrossOver (wine) as well...I had to get my old windows laptop and download the DDO and install it to input for the additional things/window that pop up

another time I also had VMWare Fusion (they provide a free 1-user license) and download the Windows 10 or 11 from Microsoft and installed that, it still works even tho it's Not activated it just has the water marks, Installed DDO in that and it also worked for me that time to make purchase...

it's like hella annoying (takes more time) but there are some workarounds you can try if so desired...best of luck!
Unfortunately, the Coffer offer is now over. So even if I were to jump through these hoops and got it to work, I would not be able to get the additional storage space.

More than that. I am getting pretty damed bent at these __________ (insert profanity of your choice)!!! I don't know how many Macintosh users there are, but we are treated with absolute disdain.

I fully believe the SSG views all DDO players as a bunch of fools who will p(l)ay regardless of how poorly we are treated.

I've been having this issue for the past week as well. It's frustrating. I keep getting the error message "unable to process at this time" regardless of what I'm trying to do. I tried making a purchase of more points and got the message. I tried deleting my current card on file and entering a new one and got the error message. I tried making the purchase using Amazon Pay and got the same message.
Thus far, my ticket has been answered via email with suggestions to do the things I have already done.
I also tried changing it so that the DDO would open in an external window and that just flat out didn't work - a window would open and if I clicked on it, it would minimize the game and the window. There was no way to click on it or to alt-tab between the game and the browser window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mand O'Lin

In fairness I believe I should offer an update on my situation.

After more than 4 weeks (FOUR WEEKS!!!!!) of going back and forth, I was (FINALLY) able to get the "support" folks at Xsolla to mark my card as verified and make a point purchase. However(!!!), when I made another purchase their system (once again) tried to force me to use some verification process which does not work in a virtual environment. Another message to Xsolla and it got marked as verified so I could make the second purchase. I suspect my next purchase will, once again, trigger the card verification process.

Of course it took nearly a month of going back and forth, causing me to miss out on the Coffer and that precious bank space.

It is important to note that SSG did not care one bit about this. My concerns were met with complete indifference and dismissiveness. THAT is the attitude of the company we all rely on for DDO.

Holy crap!
After many unhelpful emails with Standing Stone, they directed me to Xsolla support. After creating an account there, I used the live chat.

They told me that they had "detected abnormal payment patterns" in my account, so they were blocking my access to the system. And that's all they would say.

This is really ridiculous and unacceptable. I've been a VIP for more than ten years, and now I can't enter any credit cards or use Amazon Pay to continue my subscription, much less buy any points in the store. Xsolla is literally preventing me from giving them my money.

Does anyone know of any way to resolve this?

Mand O'Lin

Since SSG has decided to take a "not our problem" stand with this problem, you are stuck with Xsolla if you want to purchase DDO points. If you read my previous message you will see I was able to get Xsolla to remove the block, but it took 4 weeks of constant hammering at them to get them to relent. Even then, after a single point purchase the block went up again.

Sorry to say, but it seems this will be an ongoing problem some of us will have moving forward.

Since SSG has decided to take a "not our problem" stand with this problem, you are stuck with Xsolla if you want to purchase DDO points. If you read my previous message you will see I was able to get Xsolla to remove the block, but it took 4 weeks of constant hammering at them to get them to relent. Even then, after a single point purchase the block went up again.

Sorry to say, but it seems this will be an ongoing problem some of us will have moving forward.
How did you get them to remove the block? In the chat box they specifically said that I cannot appeal and they wouldn't tell me anything else. Is there a phone number to call?

Mand O'Lin

No. I did not create an account or use their chat. I submitted a ticket via this page:
However, I went back and forth with them more than a dozen times (over 4 weeks) before they finally relented and lifted the block. After a single DDO point purchase their system automatically put the block back in place.

I am reasonably confident their "customer support" is handled by either English as a third language or an "AI" chatbot. The replies rarely reflected what I sent in my messages and were more akin to "canned" responses.

This is completely intolerable, yet SSG will brush this off and tell you it is your issue to deal with. Completely ridiculous as they chose Xsolla as their payment processor. Life was so much easier when I could make purchases directly with SSG.