I can no longer purchase DDO Points in the store

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
My last point purchase was 31 May 23. Purchase went through as it always has, no issues.

After the Patrons Coffer was announced on Wednesday, I decided to add some DDO points to make the purchase. The DDO point purchase failed... repeatedly.

I have contacted support but, as is quite typical, no help or assistance has been offered.

My setup is not the normal. I run on a Macintosh using CrossOver (a virtual environment). My system has been stable and running fine using this setup for over a year. I suspect something has changed with Xsolla as the behavior of my system when making a purchase has changed. There seems to be an extra confirmation screen and when I "Continue", the game screen minimizes and a new, but blank, window title bar pops up. When I get back to the game screen there is an "Awaiting payment submission" banner displayed in the store window which never finishes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mand O'Lin

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I recently had purchases not working; I had to delete my payment method on file in DDO and redo it to make it work. I don't if that'll be your issue, but that was mine and the fix for it.

Mand O'Lin

I recently had purchases not working; I had to delete my payment method on file in DDO and redo it to make it work. I don't if that'll be your issue, but that was mine and the fix for it.
Thank you for your suggestion.

I just tried using a new CC and had the same issue.

My best guess it this "blank" window which pops up is supposed to be showing me something, perhaps in a browser. Did Xsolla recently add some sort of secondary payment verification? It is very frustrating especially given the limited release nature of the Patrons Coffer (more bank storage is a good thing!).

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Frustrating.

I recommend reaching out to Xsolla if you haven't already. I used their Babka chat help thing to get quick help with a similar issue awhile back.

Mand O'Lin

Frustrating.

I recommend reaching out to Xsolla if you haven't already. I used their Babka chat help thing to get quick help with a similar issue awhile back.
Frustrating indeed! I have sent Xsolla a message, and await their reply.

Give the funding method of DDO, the lack of response truly stuns me. With the level of concern shown, the game will be dead within a month. LOL!

Mand O'Lin

I received word back from Xsolla. Apparently, as I suspected, it is part of a new verification system. Although it does not sound as if anybody else has encountered it. I reiterated to them the window which pops up is not visible to me as I am running in a virtual environment. It seems as if Xsolla customer support is on par with DDO customer support.

Without some sort of intervention it seems my days of funding Cordovan and his merry band are over.

CherryBomb

My point purchase failure is because a box that I have never seen before. In addition to the normal CC info, there is a box that requires a 5-digit response. It is NOT the 3-digit security code as there is another box for that purpose.

The 5-digit box has a "balloon"-shaped icon. Filling in any 5 digits allows the submit to be pressed. But the submission attempt fails.

What goes into that 5-digit box?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I've never ran into a 5 digit box before for online transactions other than for a One Time Passcode (which I think is often 6 numbers), but I think AMEX (American Express) asks for 5 digits.

However, I would get a screenshot of that balloon and post it here so others can see and hopefully identify what that is exactly. You don't want to enter something into that and it's something that's managed to hijack its way into the payment system instead and capture your details.

J1NG

Lorac

I'm having a problem with my subscription, VIP. It is time to re-new and the only option I am getting is to cancel subscription. Anybody run into this problem? Not sure what to do. I would be grateful for any info on this, thanks.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
My point purchase failure is because a box that I have never seen before. In addition to the normal CC info, there is a box that requires a 5-digit response. It is NOT the 3-digit security code as there is another box for that purpose.

The 5-digit box has a "balloon"-shaped icon. Filling in any 5 digits allows the submit to be pressed. But the submission attempt fails.

Probably looking for a postal code (ZIP code in the USA), as most are (unless my memory is failing) 5 digits.

Ahpuch

Not a zip code. A roll-over or ? hint on the credit card screen would be most helpful.
Its supposed to be a zip/postal code. But based on how well the secondary verification is (not) working for the OP, the zip might also be an issue.

Mand O'Lin

As far as I can tell, the extra layer Xsolla recently added simply does not work under wine. Xsolla is attempting to launch a browser and bring up some sort of verification window, but the virtual environment has no browser... or anything else, apart from DDO and the required windows extensions to make it work (shared libraries, DirectX, et al.).

Mand O'Lin

Latest from Xsolla:

"One of my biggest goals is to protect Xsolla's users from fraud. Verifying your card might be inconvenient, but I think the extra minute or two is worth it. After all, it would cost you a lot more time if someone were to steal your information, and verifying your card will help prevent that from happening. I hope you agree!"

They just don't get it. Although preventing the use of your credit card at all certainly is an effective means of fraud prevention!

Cordovan

Community Manager
For people experiencing purchase issues, please make sure to submit a ticket to Customer Support as they have the tools to investigate and resolve this issue: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We have been able to confirm that the field in question is asking for a Zip Code, although it sounds from this thread that there may be other things happening as well, so this is something CS can investigate and escalate. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
We have been able to confirm that the field in question is asking for a Zip Code, although it sounds from this thread that there may be other things happening as well, so this is something CS can investigate and escalate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Happened to me once or twice, but years ago -- though I'm lucky to live in a country with 5-digit numerical postcodes, so I dodged it.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Yeah I've had to do that consistently over the past few months. Annoying but not insurmountable.

DeusOmni

Adding this as it hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet:

Have you tried setting the option to open the store in an external window (browser)? This was the only way to get the store working on Linux with Steam.

Mand O'Lin

Adding this as it hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet:

Have you tried setting the option to open the store in an external window (browser)? This was the only way to get the store working on Linux with Steam.
Yes I did, with no different results.

The fundamental issue is that ever since SSG decided to do away with the Macintosh client (Fall of 2019?), the only way (that I know of) to play DDO on the Macintosh (operating system) is via a (wine based) virtual environment. The issue is the virtual environment does not include a browser or any other "program" apart from the one you are running. When the DDO Store attempts to pull up a browser window, the game minimizes and a blank window title bar pops up. Blank, because there is no browser to handle the request.

Yes. I could install Windows via Boot Camp or using an emulator such as Parallels, but both solutions would require me to purchase and install Windows... and they also have their own share of issues (in addition to... you know... Windows).

I have been playing DDO since 2009, using my Amex card for both subscription and intermittent DDO store purchases, with not a single instance of my account or CC being compromised in the process. Suddenly!! Xsolla has decided to implement a fraud prevention mechanism which absolutely prevents me from purchasing additional DDO points. In my case the solution for potential fraud is to not allow the bonafide user to make a purchase

But how much fraud is there in DDO? Given the relatively small audience, it is VERY difficult for me to believe there is some fraudulent purchase crisis happening. This sounds much more like a solution looking for a problem.

In the long run this annoys and frustrates me (as ongoing I cannot purchase anything of significance from the store - like the new limited release Underdark Patrons Coffer), hurts DDO (since they no longer receive funds from my purchases), and also impacts Xsolla (no % of my purchases heading their way).

The one shining light is in my bank account balance. I averaged just over $200 per month in DDO purchases in the last 12 months.