I found my mysterious threat gen issue (... and fixed it)

Orchidblossomwasgutted

image.png
image.png

vryxnr

I'm not sure what you are trying to communicate.

Do you have -30% threat with the boots on? Is this insinuating that they are giving -30 instead of +130? What threat gen/reductions do you have elsewhere (other gear, enhancements, epic destinies), if any?

Or are you trying to say that you have -30 from various sources and want more without changing those sources of threat reduction, so these boots are your answer?

*confused*

edit: oooh, this is a continuation of a different thread! I'm still confused, but now as to why this needed a whole new thread with no explanation or context given, but whatever.

Last edited:

Xgya

I'm not sure what you are trying to communicate.

Do you have -30% threat with the boots on? Is this insinuating that they are giving -30 instead of +130? What threat gen/reductions do you have elsewhere (other gear, enhancements, epic destinies), if any?

Or are you trying to say that you have -30 from various sources and want more without changing those sources of threat reduction, so these boots are your answer?

*confused*
He has threat issues in a raid he detailed in another forum post.
The threat issues were caused because he was wearing those boots.
He removed them.

Bjond

BTW, be careful with the coffee. My ranged has -70 standing and -145 with coffee. Odd things happen when -threat exceeds -100.

Terpilar

BTW, be careful with the coffee. My ranged has -70 standing and -145 with coffee. Odd things happen when -threat exceeds -100.
Now what level of strangeness are we talking? I have -135% spell threat on my Alch and haven't noticed anything particularly strange.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Now what level of strangeness are we talking? I have -135% spell threat on my Alch and haven't noticed anything particularly strange.
That's what I'm wondering too. I run -115 ranged -115 spell on my arti and haven't noticed anything either. I want facts and observable repeatable results.

Bjond

Sounds like I need to retest; I've not used coffee in years after a bad experience with pulling agro a lot in KT -- as if it subtracted extra threat until you were on the bottom then moved you to the top. It wasn't a direct wrap-around to +threat. It would feel great for a bit, then boss would suddenly glue on.

PersonMan

Not had any issues with going beyond -100% threat.
Now with spell crit%, back in the day going above 100% seemed to make me crit less and less.