I got a Universal Racial Tome(+1) from one the Ultimate Fan Bundles and found a Tome of Enhancement (Racial +2) in my pack, with using it give me +3?

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
I got a Universal Racial Tome(+1) from one the Ultimate Fan Bundles and found a Tome of Enhancement (Racial +2) in my pack, will using it give me +3 to my Racial AP? or will it only give me +2? DnD/DDO rules sometimes can confuse. Don't wanna waste this gem of a find. Any help?

Nahual

You are better off using one of the tomes on another character. Only highest the highest value will apply. 2 and 1 i two characters > 2 in one char.

erethizon1

Just doing a quick double check that the Universal Tome is a racial tome and not a Universal Enhancement Tome, since those are different items from racial tomes. I'm not sure the word Universal is ever on a racial AP tome, but it could be.

erethizon1

I previously used a universal tome +1 and a racial +1 tome from ultimate fan bundles I think. and in a roll won a acoount bound racial +2. Wish SSG included this information in the item descriptions. Sure would be useful....
Same thing happened to me. I had already used a plus 1 racial and later got a plus 2 racial by rolling 100 on a silver dice roll. The choice was to either use the plus 2 on my main character for 1 additional racial ap, or use it on a character I will never play for the full 2 bonus. I chose to use it on my main for 1 additional racial ap.