I keep being told to stop using charms even before kills = xp update.

Smokewolf

There is NOTHING wrong with charms, so long as your with a competent group that agrees to their use beforehand. Otherwise we end up with a bunch of reactionary posts like this one. Which only leads to the Dev's thinking there's a game problem, when it's clearly a problem of player maturity and coordination.

-Smoke

Last edited:

ACJ97F

What are the available ways to charm as a non-caster?

Well, my Barbarian usually smiles awkwardly, and offers to buy her a drink. It occasionally works, if he's bathed recently.

On a serious note, wands and scrolls of Charm Person at lower levels, then Charm Monster later. Both vendor-available.

Br4d

Charms seem mostly irrelevant in a meta where everything dies really quickly. They're just annoying to other groupmates since they remove targetability by being an irrelevant target that still winds up targeted during combat.

Tilomere

Maybe if Dismiss Charm was AoE and ranged it would be better.
It doesn't really work right now for someone looking to combo.

The only really working solution I see would be to add it as a meta to any other ability, so that people could have BoGW or Dire Charge automatically also break charm.

Br4d

The real problem is content is completely trivial for veteran players. I don't know what the answer is but it is clear that we've reached the end of the road for Reaper relevance.

TrinityTurtle

I'ts always kinda depended on the party whether charms were welcome or not. Parties with heavy aoe killers don't like htem, they slow the progress down not speed it up. Parties heavy in single target killer types love them because it offers protection while people while down the pack. Good communication at the start of the grouping is probably best for things like this. :)