I suffered a tremendous loss!!

nenetteblackmoor

Due to the lack of detailed rules, I suffered a huge setback!

I recently updated my gear for the first time in a while and decided to try using set bonus augments for the first time.

After finishing the Tetris, I checked to see how much my status had changed, only to find out that the set bonus wasn't working at all.
It seems that when you add a set bonus augment to an item that already has a set bonus, the original set bonus stops working.

I wish there had been a warning message or some mention of this rule somewhere.
Of course, I have to redo the Tetris from the beginning.

Thanks to this, I wasted a whopping 20 Jeweler's Tool Kits.
Tool Kits went bye-bye in the digital realm!

Encountering trouble due to system issues is more frustrating than failing a quest and wiping.
Doesn't the development team or GM provide any support for this?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
They all give you a warning in their text.

VUV1YYN.jpeg

Konsumer

Due to the lack of detailed rules, I suffered a huge setback!

I recently updated my gear for the first time in a while and decided to try using set bonus augments for the first time.

After finishing the Tetris, I checked to see how much my status had changed, only to find out that the set bonus wasn't working at all.
It seems that when you add a set bonus augment to an item that already has a set bonus, the original set bonus stops working.

I wish there had been a warning message or some mention of this rule somewhere.
Of course, I have to redo the Tetris from the beginning.

Thanks to this, I wasted a whopping 20 Jeweler's Tool Kits.
Tool Kits went bye-bye in the digital realm!

Encountering trouble due to system issues is more frustrating than failing a quest and wiping.
Doesn't the development team or GM provide any support for this?
That sucks.

EinarMal

hey just to rub salt into the wound, jeweler tool kits are now on sale, 30% off I think.

Whenever I think about switching builds I ponder all the work needed to re-gear, spend tons of points on toolkits of various kinds, and then.....not worth it screw it.

Toolkits are the final salt in the wound for sure switching major build types around.

Reactions: DBZ

Genkiba

Whenever I think about switching builds I ponder all the work needed to re-gear, spend tons of points on toolkits of various kinds, and then.....not worth it screw it.

Toolkits are the final salt in the wound for sure switching major build types around.
But is it a slap in the face?

seph1roth5

I might have heard wrong, but doesn't putting a set augment in an item destroy the entire set? Like if I'm wearing 6 pieces of dread, and put touch of power in one of the items, I'll now be wearing 0 pieces of dread?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I might have heard wrong, but doesn't putting a set augment in an item destroy the entire set? Like if I'm wearing 6 pieces of dread, and put touch of power in one of the items, I'll now be wearing 0 pieces of dread?
No. It just makes the item you put it in not count towards the total.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
What?! Bonepickers drop from chest?!! Are you sure it's not urban story? See it only as saga reward... one time... 🤣
I've gotten a couple from chests but mostly from saga rewards. Both are infrequent enough that I'll always take that saga reward over any other offer when it comes up.