Implementation of this xp change

Jummby

Aside from the backlash of this proposed change. Reading the input from the community and all the individual changes that would have to be done to each quest, how much work is this going to cause, how many issues and headaches will arirse to making this work and how much frustration and anger will doing all this cause the player base?

It's wise that Cordovan is asking the community for input on the matter. Currently, thus looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Hobgoblin

Less Nerfy Nerfy more fixy fixy
it feels like it is devaluing the xp pots i bought. this will not make me buy new ones to replace. it really feels kinda arrogant from the devs - ie play our way or dont play and by the way please buy more stuff from us

Jummby

it feels like it is devaluing the xp pots i bought. this will not make me buy new ones to replace. it really feels kinda arrogant from the devs - ie play our way or dont play and by the way please buy more stuff from us
I thoughof the play our way or else aspect to the change myself (among many other things), so understand your thinking.

My post though is about the logistical nightmare and work on thier part to actually make these changes just based on how many unique quests we have and the man power they will have to realistically put in to do it correctly while having tons of community backlash.

YeeboF

I thoughof the play our way or else aspect to the change myself (among many other things), so understand your thinking.

My post though is about the logistical nightmare and work on thier part to actually make these changes just based on how many unique quests we have and the man power they will have to realistically put in to do it correctly while having tons of community backlash.
Yes, it is a bit odd that they can't find personpower to implement a UI that works well on 4k monitors, but they are willing to rebalance every single quest in the game to this extremely arcane system which slows progression. I guess one will potentially increase sales of XP pots and make players feel forced to subscribe so that they can run everything on R1 (the new sanctioned default difficulty), whereas the other couldn't really be directly monetized . . .

mikarddo

They are not willing to put in the work. They might change the top 5 worst offenders but after that their attention will drift to more pressing matters. Dont for a minute fool yourself they will individually handle fix every single quest in the game - nor should they - as that is obviously very time consuming.

The Narc

They are not willing to put in the work. They might change the top 5 worst offenders but after that their attention will drift to more pressing matters. Dont for a minute fool yourself they will individually handle fix every single quest in the game - nor should they - as that is obviously very time consuming.
Agreed, and some quests will still have dungeon alerts, this is why the idea folks have had to offer extra xp for not triggering a dungeon alert is unrealistic, as mikarddo has said here it would be way too much work to go thru every single quest, maybe over time this could happen. Thing is now if you get an alert with a boss you are going to be in a decision making spot of do we need to clear the trash to lower alert to deal with the boss as the boss is too buffed up by the dungeon alert. Actually seems intuitive and immersive.

Jummby

There's work and then there is put in the recourses to put in the work. We are and old game. This thread is about the logistics.

To adjust all these quest is the time, money and manpower available? You mention them dealing with the top five offenders, even if they just do 5 or 10 what will be the repercussions? Won't the quests they ignore cause massive lag if they just try to do a broad stoke fix?

Most of the posts on the main xp nerf thread are people unhappy with the changes. My observations are how will they even be able to do it.

Last edited:

Drachmor

I for one am scared about complaining about lag anymore if these are the kinds of changes they'll implement to fix lol.

Yeahhhh, we noticed xp gain was causing a lot of server lag... heheh jk I'm being dramatic, but really. First the dungeon alert changes (which frankly I can get behind, with some adjustments), but wow as it stands this xp adjustment is a loss until they tweak it a good bit.