Improved Precise Shot improvement

rabidfox

The People's Champion
No thanks. Current IPS still has its uses. They've gone downhill for uses since the damage nerf and with the addtion of other AoE options; so they're more limited but the uses are still there. I can generally debuff/salt packs of mobs pretty fast with IPS and then swap to PS to pick things off. The new AoE stuff only seems to apply debuffs to a single mob out of the pack hit so they're subpar compared to IPS. I like having options and current IPS gives me those.

Arch-Necromancer

Maybe if there was no cooldown and it just was an all time active AoE instead of "lightning bolt", but I would not like to replace an all time active ability with another clicky.

Maybe if it procs automatically with an internal cooldown. But no clicky, some people are too lazy to play piano all the time.

Bunker

Change improved precise shot to an active AoE ranged attack on a 6 second cooldown.
There are already plenty of AoE attack options with cooldowns. IPS is another layer of attack which in its current form is nice as is. This attack still allows for players to line up targets and use IPS as intended. By changing the style of attack to yet another AeO with the small diameter range, this will actually be a step in the wrong direction, and ultimately give players less options, not more.

Elfishski

IPS makes for extremely satisfying play when it works. With the old otto's whistler there was nothing more satisfying in the game than managing to get a whole congo line of dancing mobs.

In the current state of the game, IPS is generally not worth using: archer's focus is SO much more powerful with so much stacking damage vs -20% that you need to be hitting at least 3 enemies with IPS to make it worthwhile, and that doesn't happen in groups where mobs just die so fast now. Swapping to precise shot for the 5% of the time you want it is too much hassle.

Solo (or a build like arcane archer paralyzing arrows) IPS is still often worth it as is.

I'd like to see a buff to IPS to make it more viable as a choice (e.g. remove -20%), but not further dumbing down of the unique playstyle from trying to move around tactically to get the most out of IPS vs just "AOE the 10 mobs just standing in the middle of a corridor doing nothing" like everything else.

seph1roth5

Definitely should have it's -20% damage removed. You're already losing out on archer's focus stacks, and having to put a lot more work into hitting just 1 extra target. Devs are extremely overestimating it's strength. Pick a random quest and run it with IPS on, and then run it again with it off and I bet the IPS one will be slower.

Better leave it as is, I'd hate to see more of this AOE attack nonsense. Instead of making it positional, and 100% effective in the area, like fireball, devs made it so AOE can miss completely.
Speaking of fireballs. Why melee and ranged always have 5% miss chance but casters don't?

saekee

long live ROGUE
why not change it to giving ranged attacks a kind of ‘strikethrough’ chance like THF? Bolt passes through the mob and could hit the next one, and maybe even another, based on some kind of stat (maybe not doubleshot, but more like Thud Power).

I would give a Great Crossbow a higher chance at this for example.

Lazuli

Better leave it as is, I'd hate to see more of this AOE attack nonsense. Instead of making it positional, and 100% effective in the area, like fireball, devs made it so AOE can miss completely.
Speaking of fireballs. Why melee and ranged always have 5% miss chance but casters don't?
It shows that you have never played a caster.