IoD Farming

Dythan

I just got IoD, even though they refuse to discount it on the cash shop =/. I want to farm up an Wraithborn Emerald or 2. I see these can drop in any chest, what's my best / most efficient farm? I plan on a slow / smell the roses play through next life, just wanna bang out some augs this one, currently lv 12 paladin.

Matuse

Doing the rares will definitely be your most efficient route. IoD rares are somewhat rarer than most other wilderness areas, they have maybe a 1:5 spawn rate except for the Glabrezu who is up every time. Excluding the Glabrezu, I usually only get 2-3 rares per run.

Definitely stay away from Stone Jaw. He is incredibly tough. Fight him once for the experience of doing it, and that should be enough of a lesson about why not to keep doing it for farming purposes.

However, it would definitely not kill you to do the actual quests. Heroic IoD items are REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY good, basically making most drops from Ravenloft, Sands, and other pre-Sharn areas completely obsolete.

Col Kurtz

you'll probably have to cycle through the saga at least 3 times before seeing most of the rare drops you desire

just pure luck..sometimes the 1st run an item you want drops.... sometimes it could take 35 runs.

***by far best shot is >post a group for the saga and put it in the lFM you're farming that augment