Iron Defender

geltril

I read the unofficial iron defender page from 2011, but it may be dated and all is not clear. I'm wondering what I can do to beef it up. Survivability is top priority. I gave it a basic lvl32 docent with one blue augment for now. What augments are actually useful? Finding a collar is going to be more work, but I will get to that. I gave it the self heal enhancement which also helps my character. Im a warforged artificer and I dont want to have to constantly waste spell points taken care of his sorry hind end.

misterski

Don't bother with augments, they don't work on iron defender or wofl pets.

Also, these pets drop off in performance and survivability past early epics. There's no real way around it other than parking them and only pulling them up when you need them. Unfortunately, they're not worth the hassle at cap.

ACJ97F

Ever since they "updated" augment/slots, they haven't worked in pet gear, which was a pretty annoying change for people that used
them for opening levers and activating runes. Of course, by update, I refer to the day they traditionally break something useful. )

geltril

Great so I just wasted a lesser heart of wood 20 just to play around on a class that is fundamentally flawed. Every feat like augment summoning was a waste. I can at least fix my enhancements and destinies to not be useful to the pet and instead useful to my character. This is reminding me of LOTRO and why I quit that game.

misterski

Great so I just wasted a lesser heart of wood 20 just to play around on a class that is fundamentally flawed. Every feat like augment summoning was a waste. I can at least fix my enhancements and destinies to not be useful to the pet and instead useful to my character. This is reminding me of LOTRO and why I quit that game.
It's a problem with pets, summons, and hirelings in general. They need a lot of work. Who knows if the devs will ever get around to it.

Artie777

It's a problem with pets, summons, and hirelings in general. They need a lot of work. Who knows if the devs will ever get around to it.
I dig my pets. etc., but it REALLY burns me they don't fix the augment thing :( I'm not sure how augments would apply to summoned or hirelings, but the pets might be able to keep up at cap with just that little push.