Is Dark Apostate Shadow form affected by Pale Master Undead Augmentations?

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
I'm theory crafting my next batch of Heroic Past Life acquisitions and looking to combine it with some Deep Gnome past lives.

I'm looking at the prospect of doing Cleric as a ranged Dark Apostate. If I use the Dark Apostate Shadow Form, will I be able to gain benefits from the "Undead Augmentation" line and similar enhancements from the Wizard Pale Master tree?

The Pale Master page in the wiki seems to call them out as applying to "Pale Shrouds", but I'm hoping maybe those descriptions are out of date and this creative bit of multiclassing is supported.

Has anyone had experience with combining these and can confirm or refute that they're compatible?

Mokune

I do not have direct experience with that but would suggest rolling up your build on a different server and testing it if you are out of slots on your main server. 12Wiz/3DA should get you the DA Undead form and access to most of the Pale Master stuff you'd want to test.

If you can spare half hour or so lol.

Onyxia2016

This is an interesting concept. I have never tried specifically but sounds like it should work.
In PM tree it mention "While in a shroud..." In the DA tree its shadow form is referred to as a shroud. In theory is should work.
I do know the PM's death aura's heal a DA. I grouped as a DA with two PM's running with their aura's up and hardly ever needed to self heal (inflict).

Now for the bad news. If it does work, I could see the nerf bat winding up for a swing.
Having two major class elements fitting that well together would surely generate accusations of being OP.
Until then it would be an awesome build.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
I'm theory crafting my next batch of Heroic Past Life acquisitions and looking to combine it with some Deep Gnome past lives.

I'm looking at the prospect of doing Cleric as a ranged Dark Apostate. If I use the Dark Apostate Shadow Form, will I be able to gain benefits from the "Undead Augmentation" line and similar enhancements from the Wizard Pale Master tree?

The Pale Master page in the wiki seems to call them out as applying to "Pale Shrouds", but I'm hoping maybe those descriptions are out of date and this creative bit of multiclassing is supported.

Has anyone had experience with combining these and can confirm or refute that they're compatible?
Great news - these abilities were indeed designed to work together, and in fact do function regardless of the source of your Undead Shroud!

TUF_rpg

In the Alchemist Apothecary tree the enhancement Death Salve does not work. it just does nothing at all. sure would be nice if I could heal my allies with all this negative I'm throwing. also I have an alchemist with 3 levels of wizard. I wanted to go to 4 levels wizard so I could take Unholy Avatar and strip undead of their immunity to negative with inflict bottles but inflict bottles can never interact with undead. this is a shame. the inflicts are pretty strong, it would be nice to have to think more about when to throw them and when not. thank you