Is it just me?

Dman1970

Is it just me, but the fact that some of the older NPC quest givers actually would give you a chance for one of the named items from the quest and now all you get is crap RNG as the reward a spit in the face? "So YOU did all the hard work, and got through the mission I sent you on, let me throw you some of the trash gear I have lying around as a show of thanks!" Why? Why can't we get a chance for the named gear from the quest giver as well? MOST MMO and RPG games use that mechanic, and this one USED too, what's the reason for the change? There are quests that I've run 30+ times TRYING to get a piece of gear for a toon, using higher level toons to try to farm it and toon of level, and NEVER seen the piece drop in the end chest. And that leads me to why is it that now the ONLY chest that has named loot in most quest is the end one? If a party fights a tough mob and just gets crappy loot, or worse, NOTHING (this happens frequently in some quests, kill this tough mob but got nothing for ya!) and is frustrating. Named loot doesn't have to rain from the sky, but sheesh. Go through a difficult and often LOOOOOOOONG quest and only having ONE shot at getting the really nice piece of gear you need and then NOT having it drop especially is you just ransacked it is a HUGE bummer. If I know a chest has just RNG and no chance of augments or anything worthwhile, bypass that. It's the gear farming version of trimming the fat. Some quests aren't really worth the effort. Do it once for favor, xp at level, and go...

Pano

Wow, I hope you will get your item eventualy. That is a lot of frustration right here and I am not gonna lie, I feel you. We've all been there.
But I am not sure this will change ever. You know what, at least you can hoard the gear you farm and dont need just now in the huge bank spaces we are getting, so you dont have to refarm it once you actually need it. 🙃

AustrianDeathMachine

It was changed because they wanted the reward to match the challenge. So you can't run the chain really quick on casual and get a named item.
Also you cannot sell shards, if you cannot reroll a chain reward.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
I feel you!

The named loot in this game has become a crapshow. It is really frustrating, I believe that they have the besta intention to retain players playing the game to get stuff... But, in reality, It just backfire. Out of frustration people end up bailing out and going to spend time elsewhere.