Is it worth it?

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
Quick question for all of my more experienced players out there! Is the Isle of Dread: Ultimate Fan Bundle worth it? I like both of the mounts and cosmetics, but as a relatively new player, I'm not sure if the other items in the bundle are worth it. Side question, what does the "And More" include in the bundle? Thanks to y'all in advance! :)

I am not sure if it is worth it. To me no as I don't really care about the mounts etc.. Value is subjective. With that being said, the IoD content is my favorite by far. I purchased the bottom tier.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
I am not sure if it is worth it. To me no as I don't really care about the mounts etc.. Value is subjective. With that being said, the IoD content is my favorite by far. I purchased the bottom tier.
That's fair, and I completely agree with you, good to know that the actual expansion is fun though, thanks!

RangerOne

Value is what you make of it. Personally I always buy the base edition being a cheap Scottish bas...d and all that. I upgraded Shadowfell later to get the owlbear (who won't go through doorways so he's pretty useless) but that was massively off at a holiday sale. For me, neither mounts nor cosmetics are a draw. I want solid stories and mechanics which are available at all levels.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
Value is what you make of it. Personally I always buy the base edition being a cheap Scottish bas...d and all that. I upgraded Shadowfell later to get the owlbear (who won't go through doorways so he's pretty useless) but that was massively off at a holiday sale. For me, neither mounts nor cosmetics are a draw. I want solid stories and mechanics which are available at all levels.
Yes, I do agree with this, if the mounts and cosmetics + the expansion itself are worth it to me though, are the other items (for example the Otto's Boxes) "Worth it" or are they pretty much worthless?

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
=Quick question for all of my more experienced players out there! Is the Isle of Dread: Ultimate Fan Bundle worth it? I like both of the mounts and cosmetics, but as a relatively new player, I'm not sure if the other items in the bundle are worth it. Side question, what does the "And More" include in the bundle? Thanks to y'all in advance! :)
Here are things the ultimate version included that weren't included in standard or collectors:
  • Tabaxi Trailblazer (Iconic)
  • Cosmetics and Mount (there are 2 sets, I forget which was collectors and which was ultimate only)
  • Teal Hireling (Legendary version)
  • Teleport Item (<--- many would argue this is the "best" reason to buy the upgrade)
  • Improved Epic Ottos Box
  • Tome of Destiny (+1 Destiny Points)
The tome of destiny and improved epic stone are 10,490 pts worth of stuff. If you find value in any of the other items mentioned, then yes, it is worthwhile IMO.

Br4d

Yes, I do agree with this, if the mounts and cosmetics + the expansion itself are worth it to me though, are the other items (for example the Otto's Boxes) "Worth it" or are they pretty much worthless?

If you solo Teal is the best heroic hireling and still pretty good at cap. He's always on his feet and the mobs get knocked down fairly regularly and he finds all secrets with his Search option. He also has excellent reflex saves and is a very good switch-puller when you need him.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
Here are things the ultimate version included that weren't included in standard or collectors:
  • Tabaxi Trailblazer (Iconic)
  • Cosmetics and Mount (there are 2 sets, I forget which was collectors and which was ultimate only)
  • Teal Hireling (Legendary version)
  • Teleport Item (<--- many would argue this is the "best" reason to buy the upgrade)
  • Improved Epic Ottos Box
  • Tome of Destiny (+1 Destiny Points)
The tome of destiny and improved epic stone are 10,490 pts worth of stuff. If you find value in any of the other items mentioned, then yes, it is worthwhile IMO.
Dang man, that's a lot of stuff that is not listed on the page for some reason, definitely worth it for the Time and Boxes it sounds like, good to know, thanks! :)

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
If you solo Teal is the best heroic hireling and still pretty good at cap. He's always on his feet and the mobs get knocked down fairly regularly and he finds all secrets with his Search option. He also has excellent reflex saves and is a very good switch-puller when you need him.
Thanks for the info on the hire, I looked teal up, and tbh, a dinosaur hireling sound very interesting to me, thanks mate! :)

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Without it being on sale, I would say no. There are some neat items in it, but the cost IMO is prohibitive. If they ever do put it on sale, I would probably buy it though.

Last edited:

Lazuli

Tome of Destiny is one per character, current or future. That's nice if you have alts.

Ottos are only one box of each type... select the lucky character who will use them.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
Good to know that they are available for all characters, any idea if the pet certificates are BT account or character, wondering if I could trade my friend one.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

Teal hireling is hella cool n pretty buff (1 of my accounts got the Ultimate)

all the pets, mounts, hirelings, cosmetics are BTA, but u can claim them on each character from the NPC if u want to Not bother to pass them to your other characters via Shared Bank
(can't trade these "exclusive" pets and cosmetics from the Expansion packs to friends, they gotta buy the Expansion pack from cash shop too if they want them)

Lazuli

Good to know that they are available for all characters, any idea if the pet certificates are BT account or character, wondering if I could trade my friend one.
They are BTA and you can claim them on all servers, on all toons, as many times as you want. Obviously you only need a pet certificate per server, but that is good for hires, because you can destroy the certificates (eg you don't have storage space for a TR) and claim them again.

But BTA. You can't trade them with other players or accounts.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
Teal hireling is hella cool n pretty buff (1 of my accounts got the Ultimate)

all the pets, mounts, hirelings, cosmetics are BTA, but u can claim them on each character from the NPC if u want to Not bother to pass them to your other characters via Shared Bank
(can't trade these "exclusive" pets and cosmetics from the Expansion packs to friends, they gotta buy the Expansion pack from cash shop too if they want them)
They are BTA and you can claim them on all servers, on all toons, as many times as you want. Obviously you only need a pet certificate per server, but that is good for hires, because you can destroy the certificates (eg you don't have storage space for a TR) and claim them again.

But BTA. You can't trade them with other players or accounts.

Ah, ok, thanks to both of you all for clarifying that, my friend bought it with DDO points and now can't upgrade the the cash shop offers, but extremely regrets not buying it. But that's ok, still sounds like it is worth it, plus now I can flex on them lol. :)

- ducki