Is there a way to opt out of VIP XP bonus?

cdbd3rd

On LOTRO-side, leveling up is automatically applied. Thus they have ('sell') a "Tortoise Stone" to turn off XPs.

Here, leveling is completely in the player's control. You may hit hard cap and get no further XPs in some content, but that's exactly the same as turning off XPs.

(...and I typed that not having glanced up at the second page. I'll just drop this in here for posterity.)

Blaster

In case no one else pointed this out, while you will likely hard cap on standard XP, if you are running reaper you will still earn reaper XP, which is never a bad thing. You can also collect saga rewards at any time after you've earned them before a TR, and likewise use XP stones from rolls any time, so if you want to use those for XP do not feel like you *have* to use them right away. (Even if you do use them I believe they will still apply to your leveling progress even if you are hard capped prior to level 32/34.) Monster manual XP will also apply to your leveling progression if you are hard capped, so do not worry about losing out on any XP you earn from those unless you are at 32/34.

(You will also continue to earn favor while hard capped, which again, is never a bad thing, especially if you're still adding tomes to your character.)

Play and enjoy the game how you want. Bank XP and level when you want to level.

Sarlona Raiding

Allowing you to opt of vip bonus won't change other people's behavior. From an individual person's perspective, there is really no difference between opting out of the vip bonus or just running at the pace you want to except you get less xp. Rushing is voluntary, leveling when maxed on xp is optional (i've held levels many times to get rxp and favor I wanted).

Adding an option to remove the vip bonus doesn't give you anything you don't already have.

I can empathize with someone wanting to read the story and go throught the content slowly and I can empthize with someone wanting to max out xp during the bonus week. Incompatable priorities isn't something that can be changed by removing bonuses. All you can do is group with people with the same priorities and sometimes that might mean soloing if nobody shares your vision of how the game should be played.

Weaponalpha

How would leveling slower be any different than just staying at level cap and finishing all quests in your level range? You would continue to gain favor, rxp, mm xp... kinda like how HC has been run since conception or how many run on live gaining favor. Instead of focusing on your level just focus on what quests you have left to do and level when you have completed all that you wish. Alternatively DDO could sell Negative XP Elixirs...

Dom

TL;DR - if you want to flower sniff, go for it. Stay hardcapped and keep running whatever content you want - you aren't forced to level. Suggesting a way to "opt out of VIP xp" makes zero sense and will not be implemented as there is zero need for it.

Thread can be closed now :)

Vlander

Well Known Member
When you have enough XP to level, you do not have to take the level. You can stay at your current level, questing, and will continue to gain XP (but you're ..frozen at that level, so no new Enhancements, etc.) You can do this until you have enough XP in reserve to reach 20. At 20 *you will see on XP Bar Maxium Heroic Level, *or some such, you can gain no more XP until you goto 20 and talk to Fatespinner going to Epic, where next hard XP cap is 30.

*Note: this is the point some players TR or "play at cap."
How exactly do you do this? The reason I ask is I cap at 2 levels over and gain no further xp until I take a level.

erethizon1

it is entirely possible to do everything in one life.

For large portions of the game you will be 'capped' and be getting no exp however, only favor.
Exactly. And that is probably what the original poster will need to do. This life all I am getting is a racial past life, and yet I am level 32 with nearly 7000 favor (still have a number of quests to do before I TR). Many quests were run for no experience. Just play the quests you want to play and take a level when you are ready to do so, even if that means ignoring the message that you are ready to level up for quite some time.

vryxnr

How exactly do you do this? The reason I ask is I cap at 2 levels over and gain no further xp until I take a level.
Dur is not entirely correct. You can gain exp to be 1 xp short of 2 levels higher than your current level. Bonus exp from monster manual entries (and irrc exp gems from daily dice) can go over this limit. When you're 18, the game lets you get that final 1 point and will put you at "heroic maximum exp".

At this point, you can still quest and gain completions/flagging, favor, and reaper exp, but not normal exp.

Buddha5440

It's as simple as this (which has been said many times); DON'T take the level when you get it.

If that doesn't work for you, drop VIP and go Premium. You will still have the same issue. It's a "You" issue, not a game issue. The game does not force you to level up. If you want to experience the quests/sagas at level...stay at that level..

Seppi Pearlsmith

It really feels like I’m kind of alone with keeping the magic of stories in the focus while everyone else is talking about math and stats like we haven’t had enough of that in school…
I usually park my wife's toons in high epics and we run quests (way) over level just for the story/quest and it is fun.