Is there a way to opt out of VIP XP bonus?

Smokewolf

My characters are rushing through levels leaving story arcs, adventure packs and expansions untouched.

I want to enjoy the game and not rushing through everything. And I don’t want to start a new character after every arc to catch up with the story. And now with the 25% bonus this is unstoppable…

Please add a setting to opt out of XP bonus if there isn’t one already and/or an option to store the bonus and apply when needed on the current or another character.

At the moment I feel I have to stop paying VIP and stop playing while these extreme bonuses are active.
Stop being VIP and go Free-2-Pay (Cough, I mean play)

Weaponalpha

Great news! You can have that experience again! Its called... *spoiler alert* ... alts! :)
You completely missed the point. I was saying that I found playing all content, classes, races, etc. for the first time the most enjoyable and this is what new players have to look forward to. This was in response to someone saying that new players have so much "grind" ahead of them and that was a bad thing. I have and will continue to enjoy the journey.

Jasparius

Run whatever you want, level whenever you want. Feels like players are 100% in control of this, as long as you meet the minimum XP requirement for the next level.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Regarding alts "providing absolutely nothing" ... alts provide a handful of beneficial things if you choose to do anything with them. You can use them for raids and farming threads/runes. You can keep them at cap while you level your main (or vice versa) so that you can continuously run end game content with friends and guildies. This next point won't apply to most, but in the context of the top players, having an alt on a specific build for a push raid means that you don't have to sit around with your main character on a build that may not be fully useful in anything other than that raid.
One of my favorite uses for alts is testing builds/ideas I would never do on my main when cycling thru different classes and getting past lives. It's always fun finding some underused ability that became good at some point in time; something that was mostly ignored by the masses, because it was an off-build or part of patch work changes over the years that went unnoticed. There's plenty of new experiences for me on the build front that I've barely scratched the surface of.

Shear-buckler

The solution to the underlying problem is to introduce an option to play an "extended life" where you require significantly more experience to cap but you get an extra past life when reincarnating out of it.

Dragavon

The solution to the underlying problem is to introduce an option to play an "extended life" where you require significantly more experience to cap but you get an extra past life when reincarnating out of it.
Actually not a bad idea.
I could see myself doing lives that required 2X XP but gave 2 past lives on TR.

Ahpuch

Actually not a bad idea.
I could see myself doing lives that required 2X XP but gave 2 past lives on TR.
Maybe not a bad idea in a world of infinite resources. But using the limited dev resources to create a new TR mechanism that is basically the same as just running 2 TR lives wouldn't qualify as a good idea (IMO).

Silvorn

Play hardcore. Frequently have the xp to level and you don't so you can get favor. You are always free to not level.

Shear-buckler

Maybe not a bad idea in a world of infinite resources. But using the limited dev resources to create a new TR mechanism that is basically the same as just running 2 TR lives wouldn't qualify as a good idea (IMO).
Yeah, better focus on more nerfs and joke quests.