Is this a known issue?

Saaluta

Founder and altogether cool gamer gurl
Every time I change weapons on my Sacred Fist Tabaxi(undead/live monsters/constructs/etc) SF imbue seems to turn off. So, I am constantly having to turn it off and on which while not gamebreaking, is very annoying...anyone else seeing this problem? This is on normal Tabaxi AFAIK, haven't checked on Tabaxi iconic, so if anyone notices it there, feel free to chime in here

Saal :)

Sympl

I'll have to check once the servers are back up again....I haven't noticed it, but.....I never change weapons on my SF, either. :)

While contributing nothing useful to this thread at large, I like to think that having somebody/anybody respond quickly feels good. You have been seen!

Kessaran

Every time I change weapons on my Sacred Fist Tabaxi(undead/live monsters/constructs/etc) SF imbue seems to turn off. So, I am constantly having to turn it off and on which while not gamebreaking, is very annoying...anyone else seeing this problem? This is on normal Tabaxi AFAIK, haven't checked on Tabaxi iconic, so if anyone notices it there, feel free to chime in here

From what I've seen, changing to a "non-favored" weapon seems to cause issues with the stance. I'm not entirely sure if it's specific to Sacred Fists handwraps but that could be the problem? I noticed when I equip any exotic weapon with the toggle turned on it will disable it. Probably some weird coding problem since quarterstaff isn't the native favored weapon for SF? I normally don't see it happen with my handwraps though.

Edited to clarify: I can swap handwraps just fine without it messing with the stance, it's only when swapping to non-proficient, non favored weapons that the stance seems to disable. It sounds like yours is turning off by switching between quarterstaffs which is what I meant with the not being a native favored weapon part :)

Last edited:

Saaluta

From what I've seen, changing to a "non-favored" weapon seems to cause issues with the stance. I'm not entirely sure if it's specific to Sacred Fists handwraps but that could be the problem? I noticed when I equip any exotic weapon with the toggle turned on it will disable it. Probably some weird coding problem since quarterstaff isn't the native favored weapon for SF? I normally don't see it happen with my handwraps though.
While that could be a possibility, quarterstaves are favored weapons for the diety I picked at level 3, so while not a "favored weapon" for sacred fist, qs is a favored weapon for my character, so it should not be turning off (IMO). Also, qs should be on the list of favored weapons for SF, since they are technically still a monk style build :) and maybe SSG needs to add qs to favored weapons for SF in general.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

You cant be serious. Sacred Fist is Part monk.

Kessaran

While that could be a possibility, quarterstaves are favored weapons for the diety I picked at level 3, so while not a "favored weapon" for sacred fist, qs is a favored weapon for my character, so it should not be turning off (IMO). Also, qs should be on the list of favored weapons for SF, since they are technically still a monk style build :) and maybe SSG needs to add qs to favored weapons for SF in general.

So, all Paladins/FvS only get one "favored weapon" based on their deity. Since Sacred Fist loses the option to choose and are forced to take the deity for handwraps I think that's what your running into. It seems to me like the stance is designed for Handwraps as the favored weapon so when it goes through the process of checking if a weapon is favored it's probably saying "no" because it's not handwraps and then fixes itself when it realizes you've chosen the Quarterstaff deity at level 3. Purely hypothetical though as i'm not entirely sure but that's what it seems to be to me. I could do a further verification when I get to 24 this life by choosing Bsword favored weapon and seeing if that causes the same issue :)

Saaluta

So, all Paladins/FvS only get one "favored weapon" based on their deity. Since Sacred Fist loses the option to choose and are forced to take the deity for handwraps I think that's what your running into. It seems to me like the stance is designed for Handwraps as the favored weapon so when it goes through the process of checking if a weapon is favored it's probably saying "no" because it's not handwraps and then fixes itself when it realizes you've chosen the Quarterstaff deity at level 3. Purely hypothetical though as i'm not entirely sure but that's what it seems to be to me. I could do a further verification when I get to 24 this life by choosing Bsword favored weapon and seeing if that causes the same issue :)
That does make a good argument for what may be causing the issue. I do have lots of wraps, but needed the Tabaxi past life, so decided to use qs due to bonuses, and I had fun on my main during my last sf life. Just noticed that little "glitch" and wanted to point it out and find out if anyone else was experiencing the problem :)

Saaluta

I guess that the weapon you change to might make you uncentered. The Sacred Fist imbue only works while you are centered.
I do realize that and thank you for the feedback, but qs being a monk weapon should keep you centered at all times, even when switching staves :)

Kessaran

I do realize that and thank you for the feedback, but qs being a monk weapon should keep you centered at all times, even when switching staves :)

I don't think it's the centered causing the issue, I purely think it's the "favored weapon" aspect. Even when using a throwing dagger my stance stays on even though it's uncentered. I believe the issue lies with switching between favored weapons :)

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Noted the bug as such:

As a Sacred Fist, if you have any weapon (in addition to Handwraps) as your favored weapon, and swap into such a weapon while your Sacred Flame imbue is active, the imbue will deactivate and you have to re-enable it manually. Only Handwraps (the native Sacred Fist favored weapon) bypass this bug.

Kessaran

Noted the bug as such:

As a Sacred Fist, if you have any weapon (in addition to Handwraps) as your favored weapon, and swap into such a weapon while your Sacred Flame imbue is active, the imbue will deactivate and you have to re-enable it manually. Only Handwraps (the native Sacred Fist favored weapon) bypass this bug.
Thank you Blonde, I will do testing when the servers come back online just to make sure I can replicate it properly for integrity purposes.

Saaluta

Thanks for the feedback all, maybe I should just switch to wraps for the last 6 levels to 20...then use my free respec (from the market quest) to get a better dodge or something else that will give me better bonuses on the build :)