Isle of Dread Order

Driaza

So .... what order do folks do Isle of Dread on? Especially for fast Mat/Saga runs (R1 or R2).

I typically start off with Captives and skip Temple (VIP Saga)

I then head into the island and do Tar Pits as its the closest. Then swing down to Hail the King. From the King i beleive Spiders is closest so head there.

So far so good and i dont think nothing too contentious. You could ofcourse start with Hail then up to Tar, then Spiders but following from my order i then do

Triceratops
Wild Thing (could do this one next instead of Triceratops but still need to head out to Triceratops at some point)
Whispers
Pirates
Bullys
Crypt
Port back to base and finish off with Crabby

Ive been doing alot of mat farming over the last month and this seemed to be ok with most groups i joined or lead. However yesterday i was in a very fast group and a couple of people got a bit miffed about the order and left the group which was blasting through the quests.

You cant please everyone all the time ofcourse but just wondering - how do you eat yours?

Brakkart

Captives
Crab
Tar Pits
Hail to the King
Triceratops
Spiders & Flies
Wild Thing
Whispers
Pirates
Bullywugs
Crypt
Temple

Is the order I do them in, I could skip 1 as I'm VIP but I like all the quests on the Isle and it's a fun saga to run, so tend not to use that option unless I join a group already in progress and they've already done 1-2 quests.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Captives
Crab
Hail to the King
Tar Pits
Spiders & Flies (Finishing this unlocks Pixie villiage teleport near Triceratops)
Wild Thing
Whispers
Pirates
Bullywugs
Crypt
Recall - Sell, Repair, Teleport to Pixie Village)
Ticeratops
Run or Recall and Port over to Up River point and then run to
Temple

If I lead this is how I do it. I also try to hit the rares as I run around nearby.

Sometimes I'll switch the order where Triceratops fits in but always after Spiders so I can Teleport from town.

Driaza

Thanks guys - i guess if Spiders unlocks the Pixies then TP to Triceratops at the end is a great alternative

CBDunk

First time through I usually do;

Captives
Crab
All Hail
Tar Pits
Triceratops (stop at Pixie village to sell/repair if need be)
Spiders & Flies
Wild Thing
Whispers
Pirates
Bullywugs
Crypt
Temple (sometimes skip)

Once the teleports are unlocked I'd generally pull Triceratops and/or Temple out of the order above and run them separately with the teleports. I've tried teleporting to the Tabaxi village and then running the quests in reverse (i.e. Crypt, Bullywugs, Pirates, etc), but it works out about the same. Occasionally, the tar shrine and especially river bridge teleports are also occasionally useful if you are resuming a run after having broken off somewhere in mid-sequence.

Cheeps

Tired Member
When i bought the pack on sale for ddo points, I did the first quest to get to the wilderness.

I then ran around the wilderness for half an hour.

After that I teleported out and haven't been back there for around three months.

Is isle of dread really worth a revisit? Are the quests any good?

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
When i bought the pack on sale for ddo points, I did the first quest to get to the wilderness.

I then ran around the wilderness for half an hour.

After that I teleported out and haven't been back there for around three months.

Is isle of dread really worth a revisit? Are the quests any good?
I believe it is. I enjoy running it. I like the storyline and I think it has a good mix of enemies. It is heavy on fighting and often linear quests that offer easy paths through once you learn them but also many optionals if you like to sniff the flowers. And ofcourse the gearset is hard to beat at cap. Especially the weapons. It is a bit grindy to make a full set and I believe it is better for casters but still worth it for anyone.