It is time to increase THF damage multiplier

Bunker

Now post your timings on your HOrc THF Barb for Blood plate and Razor Arm on R5 Legendary Chronoscope. Spoiler: By the time you kill them my Razorclaw has completed the raid, moved to FOM and destroyed Balor for good measure.
This might actually call for razorclaw nerf more than THF boost. :unsure:

This is usually how nerfs start.

Reactions: DBZ

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I do wish the Devs would just come clean and confirm these changes.

I was seriously thinking about TRing into an RC build. 🙄

Whilst I won't do so now, it's merely a stroke of luck I'm reading about this "unofficially" now. ☹️

I get they don't want to discuss "exploits" whilst they are in play, but acknowledging them once they've been fixed would be very helpful. 👍

Br4d

No. Buff mobs.

Buff mobs in ways that do not involve making them bloated bags of hit points.

As an example: have a type of mob that has acid for blood and not weak acid either. Every time that mob gets hit with a physical attack it does 1k damage, bypassing PRR and MRR and any other defense including elemental protection, as it sprays out on everybody within a specific radius.

You could also have a mob that reflects elemental damage back to it's source. You could have a mob that gains lives every time a death effect is used on it. For each life it has an instant snapback resurrection when it dies.

You could have mobs that react to ranged damage of any kind by whipping out a tentacle and snatching the character that damaged them for 1k damage and a pull into melee range with a built-in Trip.

There are literally a million ways that you can turn enemies into a challenge instead of just a numbers grind.

Monkey_Archer

Buff mobs in ways that do not involve making them bloated bags of hit points.

As an example: have a type of mob that has acid for blood and not weak acid either. Every time that mob gets hit with a physical attack it does 1k damage, bypassing PRR and MRR and any other defense including elemental protection, as it sprays out on everybody within a specific radius.

You could also have a mob that reflects elemental damage back to it's source. You could have a mob that gains lives every time a death effect is used on it. For each life it has an instant snapback resurrection when it dies.

You could have mobs that react to ranged damage of any kind by whipping out a tentacle and snatching the character that damaged them for 1k damage and a pull into melee range with a built-in Trip.

There are literally a million ways that you can turn enemies into a challenge instead of just a numbers grind.
I agree, but they also need to survive longer than 2 seconds to do any of that :)

Br4d

I agree, but they also need to survive longer than 2 seconds to do any of that :)

I'd be happy with changes that encouraged mixed groups and generally slowed down the information assimilation process for large groups.

I don't have problems with trash mobs being killed fairly quickly as long as there is an evaluation and response process that rewards good coordinated play and punishes risky fast play when people try to cut corners.

This is D&D at the base and too often DDO turns into grass-cutting instead because the mobs are an easily handled completely known quality.

Neilfladech

I do wish the Devs would just come clean and confirm these changes.

I was seriously thinking about TRing into an RC build. 🙄

Whilst I won't do so now, it's merely a stroke of luck I'm reading about this "unofficially" now. ☹️

I get they don't want to discuss "exploits" whilst they are in play, but acknowledging them once they've been fixed would be very helpful. 👍
I agree, I don't know why they don't post "fixed an issue with shifter attack speed animation being slightly higher then intended". It's these shadow changes that help out the tinfoil hat wearers. Looks shady.

Guntango

I'd be happy with changes that encouraged mixed groups and generally slowed down the information assimilation process for large groups.

I don't have problems with trash mobs being killed fairly quickly as long as there is an evaluation and response process that rewards good coordinated play and punishes risky fast play when people try to cut corners.

This is D&D at the base and too often DDO turns into grass-cutting instead because the mobs are an easily handled completely known quality.
I rather like keeping D&D at the base. DDO is a video game/MMO. Spending days, turn-by-turn, getting through four rooms in a tabletop campaign is no longer appealing to me.

Also, this is way off-topic.

MORE THF DAMAGE!

songswrath

i said this a few times in this tread. what thf needs is to count as both weapon slots for sets 4 or larger sets. and like thunder weapons got >
(Additionally on Two-Handers only):
  • (Additionally on Two-Handers and Lore only):
    • Dwarvencraft Minor Potency: Passive: +2 The Enhancement Bonus of this Weapon is increased by 2.

AbyssalMage

being serious - if i am dealing 100 damage a swing with thf weapon i should be dealing 50 damage a swing with twf.

but i remember no one playing twf cause thf was so much better. the pendulum swings
I only quit playing TWF because of Strike Through. Being able to cleave every attack at BAB 10+ is simply amazing. As long as the games difficulty is "throw a bunch of NPC's at them philosophy" I will never go back. I'll let TWF excell for 1% of the game 😂😠🤦🤷

Zuldar

If THF does need to be buffed than I say add or change an enhancement in FoTW to provide double bonuses if you have the Power Critical feat. There's precedent for it in other trees and would make an ordinarily useless feat a more attractive option.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

THF DPS is way down the gutter, especially with release of ranged AoE. It is already so behind the curve to the point THF is a wasted spot in R5+ raids. There is nothing THF is bringing to the table which other combat styles cannot. THF damage multiplier was reduced couple of years back, it is time to bring it back or even more. I would suggest amp it to 4x or 4.5x and go from there.
I agree with the OP Increase Multiplier please.

Fauxknight

I only quit playing TWF because of Strike Through. Being able to cleave every attack at BAB 10+ is simply amazing. As long as the games difficulty is "throw a bunch of NPC's at them philosophy" I will never go back.

This is why I almost always include the Tempest Dance of Death if I'm using TWF, the ability to use the raw damage of TWF fighting with Strikethrough is insane. Uptime is only 2/3, but that's more than enough to counter the normal lack of AoE.

Raedier

i see a lot of melee builds demolishing r10 wether they’d be twf, swf or thf it doesn’t really matter.
They all seem to have their niche and can all do really well.
Shouldn’t the question be wether SSG even wants them to be on par for raid DPS a n high skull raids? Do the devs even care about high skull raids? What do the devs even balance around? It seems like the devs have everything right where they want it.
They don’t really care about balance, they only care about “shaking up” the so called meta and having us buy toolkits and shards to pay for respecs.
It’s a vicious cycle going round and round, minimal effort with maximum results, hence the sledgehammer nerfs into orbit. They can’t waste too many manhours on actual balancing so they’d rather destroy and get more income.

Shear-buckler

Create a seperate combat feat line that is mutually exclusive from the THF line that gives more single target damage and disables strike through.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Do the devs even care about high skull raids?
In general, no I don't think they do in the way some players would want them to. So many builds fail to function as the skulls turn up in raids. It sucks if you're on one of those builds or you really enjoy playing a build that fails to work in them, but it is what it is. I'd love be able to bring nukers into high skulls raids or blaster warlocks or a ton of other stuff, but they really just don't have a seat at the table and I don't think SSG is going to give them one; they're too busy dealing with difficulties that other 99% of the player base does. Those who run push raids, just have to figure out the builds that work and run with them because balancing around what we do would likely throw the rest of the game well out of whack (despite how those who do push would love to have more options).