Labor Day Weekend Bonus

popejubal

Buddy bonus, 15% VIP XP bonus and 25% heroic, epic, and reaper XP. Let’s see whether SSG can get me to cancel my Labor Day vacation plans to play DDO instead of going to my LARP! :)

Ying

5000+ hours played
15% VIP XP bonus:)
I'll never understand why SSG doesn't have 20% VIP bonus and Otto's in the store at the same time. I don't think they understand people want to just get a past life or two without actually playing the character. With a 15% VIP bonus, you still have to spend the time to grab all your gear from a mule, spend your enhancements, have a real leveling plan, pick your spells, spend skill points meaningfully, and level through a handful of Cogs quests for that last 100k XP.

Drunken.dx

I'll never understand why SSG doesn't have 20% VIP bonus and Otto's in the store at the same time. I don't think they understand people want to just get a past life or two without actually playing the character. With a 15% VIP bonus, you still have to spend the time to grab all your gear from a mule, spend your enhancements, have a real leveling plan, pick your spells, spend skill points meaningfully, and level through a handful of Cogs quests for that last 100k XP.
You silly...
They could just buy 2 Otto's boxes.
That's what SSG expects.

HoopleHead

Still think it's dumb that a heroic box falls just short of a full jump even on VIP bonus days... getting to 19 & 1/2 is like ALMOST catching that kernel of caramel popcorn, and you can taste it after it's bounced off your teeth and landed on the floor and now your pets are fighting over it...

Darksteel

I think their idea of boxes is to just help to get closer to 20, not actually cap without playing the character. If not they will be selling 100% xp pots in the store.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Maybe with the new store we'll get some new options. Like new reincarnation hearts that combine epic + racial or epic + heroic past lives (like an iconic heart), or wish for memories.

One can dream.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Maybe with the new store we'll get some new options. Like new reincarnation hearts that combine epic + racial or epic + heroic past lives (like an iconic heart), or wish for memories.

One can dream.
I was under the impression that this is a game/coding issue more than a "store" issue. But I stand with you. We can only dream.

Geezer

I've always wondered how much someone might be willing to pay for something that gave them all their racial, heroic and epic past lives all at once??? :)

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I've always wondered how much someone might be willing to pay for something that gave them all their racial, heroic and epic past lives all at once??? :)
While I don't know how much someone is willing to pay, we could make an educated guess as to what it would cost.

Just add up the cost of Otto's Boxes, Improved Epic Otto's Boxes, 50% Xp Pots, and appropriate guess # Gold Rolls to make up the left overs and we multiply that by the number of appropriate past lives where applicable and we have a factual number.

Now, I refuse to do that math, or confound it with such variables as points purchased during double bonus points sales and what-not.

Suffice to say it is, what I consider, an astronomical number.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Or SSG could create a premium server with a monthly subscription cost where every character has uberpletionist. Because no one wants to spend 400+ hours plus the money for Otto's boxes to expedite your way through all past lives.

Darksteel

A triple completionist account with 156 reaper points is getting sold for $1000 (which is illegal but some people have lot of money and less time) in the black market. If SSG wants to make this legal, they can sell it for $2000 in the store and people would probably buy it. But the main issue is, once you are done with your TRs and reaper cap, there is no end-game to use all that power.

Svirfneblin

10,000 platinum pieces. Real world platinum. Real coins. Delivered by bonded courier.

Dom

Or SSG could create a premium server with a monthly subscription cost where every character has uberpletionist. Because no one wants to spend 400+ hours plus the money for Otto's boxes to expedite your way through all past lives.
Or maybe... The Guide ... wink wink

Ying

5000+ hours played
Talk about lame. Holiday weekends should always be heroic/epic/VIP XP bonuses.

Screenshot_2023-08-31_at_2.29.17_PM.png

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Holiday weekend + XP bonuses would've been nice. I guess all the guilds that lost 500k renoun because of the bug with the prior update can earn theirs back faster now.