Legendary echo of wave MCL

Raedier

Question about legendary echo of wave, I am about to craft one but I am wondering if it is even useful since the 5 extra caster levels are capped and won’t boost my damage?

If so I’ll probably keep using Dino sticks.

Tyvm!

Lazuli

For some reason I thought the 5 caster levels from echo of wave bypassed the MCL restrictions, so clearly that is not the case?
Just looking for a confirmation, Ty.
At first it was like that (at least in reflection of wave, I don't remember if in echo too), but the devs nerfed that a long time ago.

Their habit is to nerf everything to uselessness to make their new creations more attractive.

Raedier

I see, that helps a lot. TY

I was kind of exited about using it but without the 5mcl idk if it’s worth.

Lazuli

Well, it's not bad, just a little dated. But it's better to have someone else confirm it. I remember that in 2020 they nerfed this item by removing the exceptional critical and such. I think they also removed the MCL thing, but maybe I remember wrong and the latter is not the case.

Still, even if it increases the MCL is a staff that takes up both your hands, it's going to have a hard time competing with the dino weapon debuffs, which also give you exceptional Wis. But it's not a bad weapon.

Lazuli

I have been researching and it seems that I remembered well that reflection of wave is just CL, not MCL.

With so many nerfs and so many rule changes you have to be a genius to remember how things really work. I wish the devs would stop making us dizzy by changing everything every few months.

PersonMan

I have been researching and it seems that I remembered well that reflection of wave is just CL, not MCL.

With so many nerfs and so many rule changes you have to be a genius to remember how things really work.
Yep and they have been cutting spells to make sure they have lower MCL such that boosts to just CL are generally irrelevant

Lazuli

Yep and they have been cutting spells to make sure they have lower MCL such that boosts to just CL are generally irrelevant
Sadly it's true, the few spells (or epic strikes) where this CL increase worked are now capped, so CL increases are useless.

Lazuli

I made an alchemical shield a few years ago for my druid, and I can confirm that that is also just CL and does not increase the MCL. I discarded the shield for that reason, I felt it was not useful.

DBZ

Go with the legendary acid dot then for more spell output or vecna rune arm for magma procs