Level 32 Spectral Throwing Dagger Doesn't Work

Blaster

Bug Report Number:
The level 32 Spectral Throwing Dagger from the Night Revels event doesn't work. The animation of throwing plays but it does not make the sound of throwing, and no actual projectile is thrown. The U62 release notes claim, "The level 32 Spectral Throwing Dagger now correctly throws itself," but this doesn't seem to have worked. The item's cosmetic appearance has been fixed but not its functionality.

It is possible the fix worked for those items created for the 2023 Night Revels, but for the existing versions created prior to this year do not work as intended.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
The level 32 Spectral Throwing Dagger from the Night Revels event doesn't work. The animation of throwing plays but it does not make the sound of throwing, and no actual projectile is thrown. The U62 release notes claim, "The level 32 Spectral Throwing Dagger now correctly throws itself," but this doesn't seem to have worked. The item's cosmetic appearance has been fixed but not its functionality.

It is possible the fix worked for those items created for the 2023 Night Revels, but for the existing versions created prior to this year do not work as intended.
Does that mean I have to farm it again?

WIll I even remember next october?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Does that mean I have to farm it again?
I am generally very disappointed in the lack of community backlash in regards to item fixes not applying retroactively.
We should *not* accept that we're being told to farm/craft *again* items that we already own, especially if said items are modern items (not farmed 10 years ago).
If they don't wanna change the items in our inventory (due to possible complications with slotted augments/sentient gems), then we need something similar to the Stone of Change/Altar of Legacy Epic Rituals to be the way of updating items.

Misadventure

I am generally very disappointed in the lack of community backlash in regards to item fixes not applying retroactively.
We should *not* accept that we're being told to farm/craft *again* items that we already own, especially if said items are modern items (not farmed 10 years ago).
If they don't wanna change the items in our inventory (due to possible complications with slotted augments/sentient gems), then we need something similar to the Stone of Change/Altar of Legacy Epic Rituals to be the way of updating items.
But thats been their M.O since forever. I think most gave up.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
But thats been their M.O since forever. I think most gave up.
That's not true.
In the recent past (within past ~5 years) there were multiple instances where their changes were applied retroactively to players' already owned items.
In the distant past they used to provide ways for the players to update their items via crafting devices such as the Stone of Change, but they stopped doing it because (if I recall correctly) the huge number of Stone of Change recipes contributed to lag.
This "just farm it again" mentality is a very recent thing for modern items.

Misadventure

That's not true.
In the recent past (within past ~5 years) there were multiple instances where their changes were applied retroactively to players' already owned items.
In the distant past they used to provide ways for the players to update their items via crafting devices such as the Stone of Change, but they stopped doing it because (if I recall correctly) the huge number of Stone of Change recipes contributed to lag.
This "just farm it again" mentality is a very recent thing for modern items.
You know, they can jsut give us a code with the item.