Level to 20 with zero favor

Br4d

Not hard to do that if you're willing to spend to do it. Slayer and XP pots and a full group will get you to 20 fairly quickly.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
It is a practice on HC.
How thoroughly did you need to farm? 1500 Red fens slayer or the like do sound extremely boring.

Cheers,
Titus

Suggestion

Yes it is a grind.
I started on HC season 8. I don't know if I got any DDO points, I may have for something in the Monster Manual. I know I got a few rewards including points during the season but some were on other toons.
It was all solo with hirelings.
I skipped Korthos Island, Barovia and Eerie Forest since I couldn't get to them (you need to run a quest or more each). I visited every other wilderness area that is level 19 or less except The Subterrane. (I have another toon who has solo'd all The Subterrane while level 20, but I didn't do any on this toon.
I maxed out slayers in 10 wilderness areas (3k in Saltmarsh and Feywild) and also 3K in both Gianthold (750 x2 and 1500) and The Fens.
I did use a few XP and slayer pots, but I think it was only 1 or 2 of each.

seph1roth5

Umm I guess I'll go with...congragulations? Personally I never see the need for handicaps lol, but whatever lets you sleep at night.

Lacci

Oh well, these kinds of challenges, or handicaps, can be fun/interesting.
In World of Warcraft, I once made a character that I wanted to level only by picking flowers and mining ore...
Now while I consider doing slayers in DDO quite boring, someone else might consider picking flowers boring...
And I would assume the sense of achievement afterwards is greater than doing your standard run of quests from 1-20.

CherryBomb

I tried this intriguing challenge with an F2P alt (no pots, dice, etc.). My little romp lasted until level 9-ish. I found that certain wilderness areas are locked to entry until some quests are run. Areas such as Korthos, which needs 4 quests to open. The early leveling was quite easy without the pots.. It just took time and perseverance. It was in the mid-levels, and I suspect the higher levels would be the same, where the problems cropped up. Running out of time and patience, not to mention available wilderness areas.

I still have my girl. Perhaps someday I will re-entrer the DDO purgatory to continue the grind.

Onyxia2016

Congratulations on the accomplishment.
Takes a lot of will power to stay the course vs giving in and taking a few quests to unlock areas

Self imposed challenges can be fun and rewarding when completed.

Matsu

I do this on the Hard Core Server, virtually every season. It started as a challenge and ended up as just something I do after my guildies go to bed, as I am a night owl.

I wrote about my experiences from last season here (https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/hardcore-wilderness-adventure-areas.2719/)

Depending on my daily dice I usually have a 30% pot and/or 200% slayer pot running, not because they are needed, but because I have them and didn't have the a large block of time this season. In previous season I have done it with out pots and it was roughly 35 hours of grinding.

As you can see on a first live toon it is fairly easy to reach 20, I did it last time in more than 28 hours of grinding, but usually it is under 20 hours.

It gets more challenging (grindy) on a second life toon with the increased XP requirements and due to the Slayer XP being in multiples. Going from 3000 to 5000 Slayer in the Isle of Dread with little XP from the rares is the time consuming part.

I haven't done the math in a few years, but I don't think there is enough XP for a third life toon with out a XP Pot. I think it is roughly 3.4m out of 3.8m available currently, but I haven't double checked that. Even as a VIP I believe you fall just short, between 3.6 and 3.7. That math all includes the Korthos and Barovia which require a quest to access.

TIZGjg.png