Lfm quality of life updates

Elves United

Reaper level on lfm:
( because people aren't listing it in the description )

Don't show groups that are full in the lfm list:
( for bonus have groups that have hires filling up the open slots sent a message that someone wants to join )

Don't show groups that have no one in them in the lfm list:
( is clean up that hard? )

Dialog option to change to current quest if you are leader of an lfm that enters a different quest:
( Joins a Sharn Welcome lfm only to discover they are in Just Business )

In heroic set the default lfm level limit to the quest level ( with the +1 hard +2 elite/reaper ) or the highest level character in the group.

Can anyone think of any others?

Eoin

Don't show groups that are full in the lfm list:
( for bonus have groups that have hires filling up the open slots sent a message that someone wants to join )

Liked all but this one, occasionally I put the LFM back up so I can see where everyone is at. Probably could tweak things to keep that functionality though.

Dialog option to change to current quest if you are leader of an lfm that enters a different quest:
( Joins a Sharn Welcome lfm only to discover they are in Just Business

Never trust a fart... err pug... I'll usually hover over the LFM to see where they are at. I also do that when the quest is blank and they put the chain in the description, fast moving groups sometimes forget to update their description. Not having to do that anymore would be a nice QOL.

erethizon1

Turn off players' public LFM options if they enter a quest and arent the leader.
Yes, this is the cause of so many of those full groups being in the LFM. Some group member with his quests set to public enters any quest or adventure area and if the leader doesn't hit no then it goes up as an LFM. I'm constantly having to hit no to prevent the useful LFM that I have posted from being replaced by a pointless LFM for an adventure area because someone entered an adventure area while set to public.

Wizard

- Don't change level range when entering a wilderness zone, just keep the one of the last quest or max player level to -3 (or 20 in epics). Especially an issue in quests where the wilderness doesn't have an epic version.

Exclamation mark when party is not eligible for 100% bravery bonus.
I think bravery/delving range should just be removed. All it really does is reducing possible level range by 1 and add more confusion. No xp penalty for running one level over but half delving ? :unsure:

In heroic there are already far too few players, and some quests lines go like 5-8, 8-10 etc., but it makes more sense to play in one go. So expanding the range could be nice. (also increase powerleveling range).

erousted8

Lack of features in the LFM panel is not why grouping is hard. No amount of LFM panel upgrades will fix that.

Wizard

Lack of features in the LFM panel is not why grouping is hard. No amount of LFM panel upgrades will fix that.
It's not the main reason yes but it adds to tedium of posting LFMs / keeping them correct and up-to-date

The main reason is the low population and not making grouping up more inclusive (see low level range for full xp in heroics), easy to jump in (quest teleports?) and attractive enough xp wise.

Neain

right, nobody said that doing any of this would fix grouping. the title is QOL updates. quality of life is not gonna fix anything, just make what we have work better.

axel15810

- Biggest issue by far is the LFMs not populating without going to the Who tab first. This is not explained anywhere in game and many players (including just about every new player) just assumes the social tab is bugged and/or simply don't have access to any of the info that requires the player to manually populate. I understand the devs made this change many years ago to address game load in times. So if auto populating on log in would still cripple load in times to an unreasonable degree, there at the minimum needs to be a "populate LFM details" checkbox added on the LFM tab or a message at the bottom indicating the Who tab needs to be clicked on to populate LFM details.

- Modify the public LFM option everyone complains about which can take control of the LFM out of the leader's hands which lets people auto join. It's too easy to accidently hit OK to the public LFM option. There should be a way for the group leader to not allow this. Also, I like the auto quest name changing of the public LFM but I never want people to auto join.

- Change "reaper" difficulty checkbox option to "low skull" "mid skull" or "high skull". Needs more specifics, there's a gigantic difference between a R1 LFM and a R10 LFM.

- An option to instantly reject join requests of players outside of the specified level range would be wonderful. It's easy to accidently let someone in that breaks bravery/delvlng bonus, for example.

- Fix the ghost LFMs, if possible

Last edited:

Blametroi

Don't show groups that have no one in them in the lfm list:
( is clean up that hard? )

This may be due to the who list not being updated. Sometime recently I n noticed most lfms that I thought were empty started showing people if I let the who tab update. A bug regardless.

saekee

long live ROGUE
1) get rid of the definite and indefinite articles at the start of the quest names. Is it ‘THE Relic of a…” or “Relic of a”
2) Have all the info for posting an LFM right there on the quest screen for the party leader when entering a quest (because who waits anyway?) Right now, the only one-step LFM option is just clicking the public lfm option (which then populates the LFM public screen). Lets instead allow people to select more options all right there. It should also double-check the original LFM posting when you are about to enter any quest so you can update it there again if needed. No reasonwhy we should need to do this separately
3) let leaders boot people out of parties while they are in the wilderness but not the quest. Right now that is not possible. Now see 4 below:
4) Let ViPs boot people right out of quest that is in process. Poof, suddenly quest is duplicated in terms of progress but player is all alone. This will help in many ways, such as allowing groups to complete when players are afk with quest gather mechanics. It gives also leades a lot of power. It does not really hurt the booted player since they can still continue the quest, just alone.
5) Merge grouping option. Let a pair of people already grouped join together for example
6) Horsebacking Gimli option—let players with a horse carry another player on the back. Not really LFM related but hey.
7) Allow lfms to accept people even if they have a hireling that places them over six. Just have the hirleing go on a 12 second timer and then get booted
8) give ViPs an xp and treasure hunter bonus for hosting other players that join on a public lfm. It is ok if this is abused by quadboxing.
9) If a first-life toon posts an LFM, have it colored GREEN

Contessor

Honestly just finding quests to post an LFM is a pain unless you know the heroic level and location by heart. Definitely not a noob friendly system, especially when you get into epic+.

I agree changing posts based automatically when you switch quests would be a big improvement. Or at least have some program intuition that when you enter a quest, and hit O, the quest would at least be highlighted for you.

erethizon1

- Biggest issue by far is the LFMs not populating without going to the Who tab first.
This could be fixed by simply having the O key (or whichever opens your social panel) default to showing the Who tab rather than the Guild tab. I don't need to know who is on from my guild, but I definitely need to know who is in the LFM's so change the default tab that it opens to.