Loathe the new drifting lotus animation

Eme

Lotus has been changed to another whirlwind animation, how exceedingly, exceptionally, remarkably dull this is going to be.

You had one of the most fun moves and animation in any game I have ever played in 40 years, and you've slowly killed everything about it.

repetitive , repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, and did I mention repetitive.....

please change it back to that cool roundhouse slam.

m66A6A.gif

Last edited:

Eme

last night during intense gameplay, the lack of clarity between when I had used whirlwind or when I had used drifting lotus was becoming muddled and was severly impacting my internal flow timers for when I would be able to use them again.

This is a more serious gameplay handicap than I initially thought.

seph1roth5

Most of the time when they change an animation, it's worse. I get not wanting all actives to just use the normal attack animation, but some animations are just sloooooow and bad.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Rapid slash has changed how to use the Vistani tree. It used to be a cycling to keep up doublestrike. Now it is a big cleave, and will even keep you stealthed. Works great on trash and on an isolated hit but it disrupts an attack chain on high hp mobs.

I do not do lotus but have LOVED the passed animation. Felt like an Anime move, strikingly aesthetic. It was fun to watch too.

ACJ97F

It's bad when Monks take a useful combat skill off their bar, because the visuals are less tolerable than the timing mess the change caused.
The graphics of something doesn't have to be linked to the "behind the scenes" action itself, but they still somehow borked everything up.

Reminds me of the old 2-H weapon swings. They used to make sense, now some of them are a weird behind-the-left-shoulder swing.