Long Cool Downs

VanCowboy

Can someone explain why Alchemists have such long cool downs? My multi-vials are 12seconds and 9 seconds (SLA and Spell) with all the metamagic feats turned on. I find that towards the end game I am doing way less DPS due to the length of the cool downs. When you compare this to bard and warlock cooldowns it is just down right ridiculous. Anyone?

seph1roth5

I don't think ANYthing should have a cooldown of more than 15 sec except giganto moves. Yeah slas and active attacks are powerful, but 10-15 sec already feels like forever. I barely ever used tantrum my last life because the CD was so long, I put it on an out-of-the-way hotbar and usually forgot about it.

VanCowboy

No. Multivial destroys entire rooms in a single cast. It needs some kind of control. I'm actually surprised that the cooldowns on it aren't double what they are.
My current spell power is 710+ (depending on if I am doing reaper or not) and I can tell you I am no where near clearing a room on anything over R2. I am typically hitting for around 3K per vial but even still it is not enough to kill everything. I see my bard companion going in and doing 8K+ for each one of his AOE spells and is on a 6 second cool down. Now that is clearing a room.

PraetorPlato

3k per vial will clear rooms below cap, so I'm assuming that's at cap. At cap, 1k spellpower is a good target for ~r4, r10 nukers should be a little higher. Multivial absolutely wrecks packs—even with those numbers, 12k on a 15 second cooldown is arguably better than 8k on a 6 second cooldown, because big burst damage for a pack is really really good.

VanCowboy

3k per vial will clear rooms below cap, so I'm assuming that's at cap. At cap, 1k spellpower is a good target for ~r4, r10 nukers should be a little higher. Multivial absolutely wrecks packs—even with those numbers, 12k on a 15 second cooldown is arguably better than 8k on a 6 second cooldown, because big burst damage for a pack is really really good.
He can rotate 5 spells in the 6 seconds... each doing 8K and includes a shout heal (pretty awesome in combat). I am guessing I need to get my spellpower higher although I am not sure what I need to do for that at end game. In reaper I am at 756 spellpower and 46% Crit Chance and 42% Crit multiplier.

I may have to look at my gear set but I thought I was pretty much maxed (int is 107, Conjuration bonus is 46).

Ped Xing

I cant recall precise numbers form last time i played alchy, but those numbers are a long, long way from max possible.

Toss some CC on the pack before you multivial. While bard nukes have shorter cooldowns, the real magic is that Soundburst / Greater Shout / Fatesinger fancy strike induce helplessness via stun

DBZ

Working no fail mass frogs might just help looking at builds section a deep gnome 150 + dc looks like fun

No 33 nerf dump ruins frees up 2 epic feats 27 embolden 2 dcs and 30 xx and great for chronos and raids

Last edited: