Looking for a heroic levelling sacred fist build

Neurik

Just as the title says, looking to wrap up my archetype lives so can go any race, probably will not run to cap so it may not even matter what I do. I'm fine with splashing as long as it's a SF life. Have all past lives except archetypes. I have never played a staff build and it has been years since I played with hand wraps. Happy to run either. What do people recommend for a mostly solo run to 20?

Mickeymouse

That will be a very solid split.

you can also go something like 14SF, 5 DL, 1 rogue, something like that would probably be stronger in the 20-30 race. (start w 1 rogue then 5dl and rest SF -- in that order -- all str.)

Neurik

Thank you, I am not taking this past 20 as I just want to wrap up some of the more beneficial archetype lives. So thinking along the lines of 15 SF, 3 ROG (swords to plowshares free), 2 FVS (Aureon for QS favored weapons, Cha trance and haste boost in war soul), cha based with staff. What race? Tabaxi?

Mickeymouse

tbh, think its better to just go the DL route. you won´t get an extra crit/threat modifer til you hit lvl14 paladin which will be, never, with that split above...

Neurik

That makes sense, I can get Str trance and haste boost in DL. would you still go Qstaff then or something else?

Mickeymouse

Quarterstaff is an excellent choice ever since plowshare was introduced, I prefer the q-staff animation more than sword and axes. I know it won´t really be much of a "Sacred Fist experience". they kinda gets cooler with levels i.e. at epics or maybe end of heroics..

droid327

Staff is great for leveling with Strikethrough, of course. You definitely want to splash /1 FvS for frontloading CHA trance and to get Staff favored, and early on /1 Monk is useful for Fire stance to help with your otherwise lackluster Ki generation. No Rogue then for TA goodies, but I think for leveling you're better off with trance and stance. Being able to spam high-damage WWAs is the key to a quick 1-20, especially with Bloom to paralyze everything too.

Tabaxi is probably the best fit there, especially if you have full RAP. Bonus CHA, dodge and runspeed. Your class trees dont demand a lot of AP either. Warforged is another good option for their strong racial enhancements.

Sympl

I played StrimTom's Drow Sacred Fist from HC Season 8. It was super fun and a great tutorial. Wraps only....don't know what everyone else is talking about. I cleaned house. :🤷: That and it's a simple/pure build, that worked really well with no tomes/past extras....so I can only imagine what my future SF lives are going to look like on my main with all the extras.

Just my two cents.

Mickeymouse

I played StrimTom's Drow Sacred Fist from HC Season 8. It was super fun and a great tutorial. Wraps only....don't know what everyone else is talking about. I cleaned house. :🤷: That and it's a simple/pure build, that worked really well with no tomes/past extras....so I can only imagine what my future SF lives are going to look like on my main with all the extras.

Just my two cents.
difference is.. you do 3x the dmg on staff builds and also waaay better aoe. imbues would stay the same on similar builds as would dmg on the wave-ki attack (that is kinda groovy). hence: wrap builds are beyond bad in heroics.

Alternative

Tier One
Thief Acrobatics: +1/+2/+3 Balance, Jump, and Tumble, +5%/+10%/+15% attack speed with quarterstaves.

If it's a contest between 1 rog, 1 mnk, and 1 fvs, I'd probably drop either fvs or mnk.

5 rog is also a solid, frontloaded option for heroics.