Looking for endgame instakill wizard build

Shadow

Hey i was looking on the forums and there seems to be a lack of endgame builds, Ive heard that endgame instakill wizards are getting high int around 118 and 138+ dcs yet i struggle to build for that myself im wondering if someone has a build they can post here thanks in advance!

Shadow

Yeah I know that I have 100+ pastlifes my aim of this thread is to find a build to see what I'm missing in mine thanks for the unnecessary info...

Livmo

Max. INT.

Focus on Necromancy for Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee. Heighten

Focus on Evocation for elemental damage. i.e. electricity.

Shadow

Man again with the unnecessary response I know what to do I need to know what I'm missing to get it what gear feats Any special way to do enhancements Epic Destiny's etc.

Livmo

Man again with the unnecessary response I know what to do I need to know what I'm missing to get it what gear feats Any special way to do enhancements Epic Destiny's etc.
No, you don't know what to do as evidenced with this post. Focus on your DCs for FoD. The rest is moot. You can use any Enhancement Tree or EDs. Crafted and lootgen gear are fine if you know what you're doing.

Livmo

Have a great necro item as well as INT. I can't post a screen shot atm due to game maintnance. (+10 or greater for end game)
There's allot of undead in DDO. As a wizard what's your backup plan?
i.e. Draconic Epic Destiny and pump the fire or electro breath. Plus necro etc. You can also build a fleshy wiz. and get by with Primal and Exaulted Angel on the sides with Draconic. There's several ways to do the same thing. Some folks prefer Majister.
I burn, electrcute, freeze or melt anything I can't finger wail. Their souls are cleansed, we must press on...
I'm currently running Archmage Enhancement due to Night Revels. Big Boomer (pumping force damage) aside from FoD etc. Can take the spectral dragon down in 1 to 2 shots. (Evocation Spell Focus for Majic Missle, Chain Missles and Arcane Blast SLAs)

Last edited:

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

one good thing is double reaper ring (+1 all DCs boost), reaper helm boost (+2 all ability scores), yugo pots, rem pots, abishai cookies, and t5 fatesinger adds +1 to all spell DCs through the aura. I say this and I sound like a hyper serious endgame player who counts every 1 sec duration buff as "permanent" but I figured I would get the crap outta the way before some one else did (I do not bother myself with this kind of hyper optimization)

Livmo

one good thing is double reaper ring (+1 all DCs boost), reaper helm boost (+2 all ability scores), yugo pots, rem pots, abishai cookies, and t5 fatesinger adds +1 to all spell DCs through the aura. I say this and I sound like a hyper serious endgame player who counts every 1 sec duration buff as "permanent" but I figured I would get the crap outta the way before some one else did (I do not bother myself with this kind of hyper optimization)
I just got a +2 Festive INT augment from Night Revels for this hat to go on a 1st lifer with not much gear. I ran the event allot and made extras, plus a few of the +2 CON and +2 WIS versions as well.

EDIT ~ the Festive augments are level 22. The Topaz of Wizardry +228 is level 24.

Spook

Not sure why everyone is giving beginner advice when the OP asked for endgame. Unfortunately I do not have a build as Im not playing a DC caster right now but I can go through how I would approach it.

Insta-killer so will focus on necro and illusion DCs its much easier to get illusion DCs high and if going Wizard over Sorc I would prefer to have the extra SLAs.

So race will be Deep Gnome - Illusion DCs/PK SLA/ Int based

Feats No Particular order just listing some choices:
1 SF: Illusion
1 GSF: Illusion
3 Past Life Wizard
5 Quicken
10 Enlarge
20 Heighten
21 ESF: Illusion
24 Embolden
27 Great Intelligence
30 Arcane Insight (this is optional depending if you hit no fail DCs) or Great Intelligence
30 Scion of Shadowfell (I prefer Feywild here but depends on how high you get necro DCs)
31 Spell Specialty Necromancy

With the free feats can get Enchantment DCs for mass hold or swap 31 feat for Legendary Toughness and move Necro DCs to heroic plenty of options

Enhancement wise there are several options can go t5/capstone in AM/PM/FI/EK all will give viable DCs

I am going to go AM for the extra PK and 4 int capstone
16 DG (for 1 point in PK)
41 AM
24 FI
13 PM
94 Total

Note going PM and rejigging the enhancement can get 1 extra Int and FI will give lower Int but higher illusion DCs with a good defensive ability in the capstone

For EDs max DC would be Primal (+2 int) Fatesinger (+2 Int) and Magnus (+3 Fear based DC) but instead of Magnus I would go with Shadowdancer for Weird.

35 SD
7 PA
22 F
64 Total

Rest of the points are discretionary though I would probably pick up +3 enchantment DCs from Primal for 13 points

Gear I could spend hours Tetrising but I am not going to for a forum post so I will keep it simple
5 Piece Forbidden Knowledge
3 Piece The Keepers coffin
Dino Artifact
Dino QStaff

Filigree:
4 Eye
4 Inevitable
4 Zarigan
4 Otto

Int:
20 Starting
8 Tome
8 Level ups
6 Past Lives
2 PM Form
13 Enhancements (2 DG, 6 AM, 4 FI, 1 PM)
4 Epic Destiny
14 Filigree
36 Gear (15 Enhance, 6 Insight, 3 Quality, 3 Profane, 3 Artifact, 2 Festive, 2 Exceptional 2 Reaper)
5 Reaper
2 Ship
1 Feat
119 Total before consumables
2 Yugo
2 Rem Pot
1 Abishai Destroyer delta (can drop this if going with Great Intelligence over Arcane Insight)
124 Total Sustainable

Necro
19 Base
57 Int
7 Filigree
25 Gear( 6 Equipment, 3 Insight, 2 Quality, 3 Profane, 2 Sacred, 3 Artifact, 2 Augment, 2 Exceptional, 2 Reaper)
10 ED
1 Ship
2 Embolden
8 Feats (3 Spell specialty, 4 Scion, 1 PL Wiz)
3 Enhancements (1 AM, 2 PM)
4 Reaper
136 Total
6 Arcane Insight
3 Reaper boost
145 Boosted

Illusion
19 Base (+1 for Weird)
57 Int
3 Past Lives
5 Filigree
25 Gear( 6 Equipment, 3 Insight, 2 Quality, 3 Profane, 2 Sacred, 3 Artifact, 2 Augment, 2 Exceptional, 2 Reaper)
10 ED
1 Ship
2 Embolden
6 Feats (3 SF, 2 Scion, 1 PL Wiz)
5 Enhancements (2 AM, 3 DG)
4 Reaper
137 Total (138 Weird)
6 Arcane Insight
3 Reaper boost
146 Boosted (147 Weird)

Best I can do without building something - I am almost certainly forgetting stuff and my math might be off.

Last edited:

Shadow

Not sure why everyone is giving beginner advice when the OP asked for endgame. Unfortunately I do not have a build as Im not playing a DC caster right now but I can go through how I would approach it.

Insta-killer so will focus on necro and illusion DCs its much easier to get illusion DCs high and if going Wizard over Sorc I would prefer to have the extra SLAs.

So race will be Deep Gnome - Illusion DCs/PK SLA/ Int based

Feats No Particular order just listing some choices:
1 SF: Illusion
1 GSF: Illusion
3 Past Life Wizard
5 Quicken
10 Enlarge
20 Heighten
21 ESF:Illusion
24 Embolden
27 Great Intelligence
30 Arcane Insight (this is optional depending if you hit no fail DCs) or Great Intelligence
30 Scion of Shadowfell (I prefer Feywild here but depends on how high you get necro DCs)
31 Spell Specialty Necromancy

With the free feats can get Enhancement DCs for mass hold or swap 31 feat for Legendary Toughness and move Necro DCs to heroic plenty of options

Enhancement wise theres several options can go t5/capstone in AM/PM/FI/EK all will give viable DCs

Im going to go AM for the extra PK and 4 int capstone
16 DG (for 1 point in PK)
41 AM
24 FI
13 PM
94 Total

Note going PM and rejigging the enhancement can get 1 extra Int and FI will give lower Int but higher illusion DCs with a good defensive ability in the capstone

For EDs max DC would be Primal (+2 int) Fatesinger (+2 Int) and Magnus (+3 Fear based DC) but instead of Magnus I would go with shadowdancer for Weird.

35 SD
7 PA
22 F
64 Total

Rest of the points are discretionary though I would probably pick up +3 enchantment DCs from Primal for 13 points

Gear I could spend hours Tetrising but im not going to for a forum post so I will keep it simple
5 Piece Forbidden Knowledge
3 Piece The Keepers coffin
Dino Artifact
Dino QStaff

Filigree:
4 Eye
4 Inevitable
4 Zarigan
4 Otto

Int:
20 Starting
8 Tome
8 Level ups
8 Past Lives
2 PM Form
13 Enhancements (2 DG, 6 AM, 4 FI, 1 PM)
4 Epic Destiny
14 Filigree
36 Gear (15 Enhance, 6 Insight, 3 Quality, 3 Profane, 3 Artifact, 2 Festive, 2 Exceptional 2 Reaper)
5 Reaper
2 Ship
1 Feat
119 Total before consumables
2 Yugo
2 Rem Pot
1 Abishai Destroyer delta (can drop this if going with Great Intelligence over Arcane Insight)
124 Total Sustainable

Necro
19 Base
57 Int
7 Filigree
10 ED
1 Ship
2 Embolden
8 Feats (3 Spell specialty, 4 Scion, 1 PL Wiz)
3 Enhancements (1 AM, 2 PM)
4 Reaper
136 Total
6 Arcane Insight
3 Reaper boost
145 Boosted

Illusion
19 Base (+1 for Weird)
57 Int
3 Past Lives
5 Filigree
10 ED
1 Ship
2 Embolden
6 Feats (3 SF, 2 Scion, 1 PL Wiz)
5 Enhancements (2 AM, 3 DG)
4 Reaper
137 Total (138 Weird)
6 Arcane Insight
3 Reaper boost
146 Boosted (147 Weird)

Best I can do without building something - im almost certainly forgetting stuff and my math might be off.
bro thank you very much that is exactly what i was looking for was about to call it quits on looking here since 2 people were posting nonsense about using loot gen gear of all things and not needed info but you hit the spot cheers!

Katalissa

There were two standout DC/instakill builds on the old forums:

Zappy's Wizard at:

And Slarden's 18/2 Wiz/Rogue which focused more on illusion and can potentialy also trap at:

Both these threads are a wealth of knowledge that is still valuable. HOWEVER, they are also both badly out of date, as they pre-date the epic destiny changes, as well as the stat-nerf, among many other things. There is also more gear available nowdays that fills certain niches or works as an alternative to some of the gear they suggest. That said, I would still recommend reading them as there is a lot to learn.

The basic goals of this sort of build, regardless, is firstly, maximizing INT, secondly maximizing DC bonuses. No you don't need 100 past lives but you DO need a lot of the right gear. There is also the choice as to whether to focus more on necro or illusion, although in practise both should be viable if done right. Your main trees are going to be Pale Master and a combo of and/or Feydark Illusionist, Archmage, and maybe something like Harper to eke a few extra easy int. There are several ways to structure this though.

You really need to look through all the trees, max your INT and then max DC bonuses and necro/illusion bonuses, as well as considering potential free instakills like the second Phantasmal Killer you can get in Archmage. (Personally I haven't used that but it is a valid route, especially with the recent archmage revamp)

Then look at all the possible options you can get for gear as far as INT and DC. You need your basic enhancement, insightful, and quality bonuses, but then look for gear that gives more obscure bonuses, like sacred and alchemical. It's really just about collecting ALL the small bonuses that you possibly can, and letting them stack. Like most real magic, there is no secret magic, just a lot of research and work and small incremental improvements.

Finally, for MAX effect, you need to be in reaper with the caster reaper tree filled out, get bard buffs, and also drink the special potion that stacks with everything else! (And if you are desperate eat the cookies!)

Archaic

Yeah I know that I have 100+ pastlifes my aim of this thread is to find a build to see what I'm missing in mine thanks for the unnecessary info...
Don't be posh droogie...
You didn't say anything about what you had and it sounded like they were trying to help