Looking for healer weapon+shield with armor cosmetic recommendations

Kimbere

Old school might be the best school for options on this, especially on the armor and shields.

Not sure how these will look on a dwarf specifically, but these are the ones I'd consider if I were doing this.

Armor:
Armor Alternates:​

Main Hand - Thematically for dwarves, I'd think warhammers/maces/morningstars fit best
Mace/Morningstar/Warhammer Alternates:​
Sceptre Alternates (if you want a more scholarly look):​

Shield:
Shield Alternates:​

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Healer Concept: The Plague Doctor

il_1080xN.3329376225_tlfb.jpg

DDO Version:

8nnlxq.jpg

nenetteblackmoor

You're as tonedeaf as it gets. Because it needs to be spelled out for people like you: I'm looking for the fantasy of what a healer looks like. Just like there's a fantasy of what a bulging muscle warrior looks like, or a holy crusader, or a ne'er-do-well that slinks in the shadows, a tree hugging hippie commanding the weather itself, or an arcane practitioner that bends the weave of magic to his will.

No, I understand completely.
There's a clear rule in Dungeons and Dragons that when a healer casts spells or turns undead, a holy symbol is required.
That's why I've been consistently requesting the implementation of holy symbols in development. Additionally, Paladins, who should be devoted to their faith, have no specific symbols, robes, or armor tailored to their respective orders.

How is it possible for religions not to provide symbols for their adherents to rally around?
I've been advocating for and demanding these features from developers, but they haven't been implemented yet.
That's the answer. I want you to know that there have been others who share the same concerns and have been advocating for them as well.
There are no healers in DDO.
Even if there were someone capable of healing wounds, it would be something else entirely.

If they're willing to implement meaningless spherical orbs, they should just implement symbolic orbs instead.
It's clear that the developers don't understand the necessity of religious symbols at all.

woq

Honestly, I might go for a healer look myself based off this thread, feeling sufficiently inspired. Just gotta get the Hellstroke mace from KT and Alchemical Large Shield from LoB and thus they are on my to-seek-for-mtx list now. Just gotta get my grubby paws on some more glamours first... and bankspace... oof

Cowl of Devotee + Robe of Insight + Hellstroke + Alchemical Large looks like a great healer set for a grumpy yet kind healdwarf and would let me get me into the bubble business of dwarves without looking like a sack o' taters.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Last edited:

Vox

On a dwarf, I think something like dethic runestone + executioners plate + helm of the mroranon + whelm, would look on point.

But I still think you should embrace BOOOAL per my original post :)