Looking for VKF rogue build for next life

NomadDog

DDO Hawaiian Style!
Aloha everyone! Wanted to get a jumpstart on planning my next life which will be a Vistani Knife Fighter rogue. I'm looking for input on how exactly I should go about building it. It is simply for a 1-30 or 15-30 (if iconic) life and then instant TR. This is my last rogue life, so looking for something that will be fun. It does not have to be pure rogue, but can be a multiclass. I've already maxed out Shadar-Kai past lives, so prefer to not go that route. Listed below are the current past lives I have for my toon. Thanks in advance for the help!

Class past lives
3x Artificer, Barbarian, Cleric, Ranger, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
2x Fighter, Paladin, Rogue
1x Alchemist, Bard, Druid, Favored Soul, Monk,

Iconic past lives
3x Bladeforged, PDK, Shadar-Kai
2x Deep Gnome, Razerclaw Shifter, Morninglord
1x Tiefling Scoundrel
0x Aasimar Scourge, Tabaxi Trailblazer

Yerro

I've been doing leftover iconic and heroic pls to get completionist and my main idea was to go dex based 2wf wielding daggers regardless of class, mostly because already had all the gear with lots of mytic/reaper/curse bonuses. Since i already had Shadar kai x3, i wanted some kind of aoe dmg to be faster at killing packs, so every build had 9 lives of standard ranger for evasion and T5 Dance of Death to get strikethrough, rest on vistani, including the capstone for extra attack speed. So, its 9 ranger, 1 iconic class, 10 desired class. Hope this is useful. Cheers

saekee

long live ROGUE
It is pretty cookie cutter to do an assassin—TWF line, precision, fit in mobility line, nimble fingers for an extra sneak die out of SD.

If you do Kukri, you can grab one with knives out of the Vistani core instead of Knife training one out of assassin. This saves you 1 AP. Makes a difference as the AP gets tight. (Since I do not have the Universal AP tome, I use KtA instead of Horizon walker…sigh.)

For epic destinies—depends on your playstyle and AP but I do US for renewal and Guard up, Fury for epic strike up to autoknockdown and the doublestrike, and Tier 5 SD for epic moment only and crit booster.

Rapid slash is an AoE attack now and is a bit slow. The tier 5 vistani attack is also AoE (I think the same animation) although I assume you would go tier 5 assassin.

If assassinate does not need to be your central focus, I suppose you could do 18 rogue, 1 FvS, 1 barb (or even monk!), 41 Vistani, 31 assassin then get trance and TA movement speed. Vendetta and Lethality stack. I do not recommend this as Vistani tier 5 is not fun to play—too many short duration clickies. You could, with such a splash, do Tier 5 assassin and capstone vistani, but AP would get too tight for run speed out of TA and not really worth it anyway.

Ahpuch

I have been running some racials as a rogue and splashing in 2 levels of Sacred Fist to get an easy whirlwind attack and make up for the lack of chains from SDK. You want to get your second level of SF once you have enough AP to get DeadlyBlades and Exalted Whirlwind. That should be around Level 6. I don't have a more formal build I can share as I am just running this as a PL build. The key enhancements to hit quickly are Assassin Dagger in the Back (assuming dex build), VKF Deadly Blades, and SF Exalted Whirlwind. (HW No Step Missed would be next if you are dex)

If you are going to go this route, you definitely don't want Vistani Knife Training I (you normally don't want it for the animation issue but it is extra awful with whirlwind).

It has been easy leveling with the extra AOE. You can mix in Assassin at higher levels or stay VKF for the extra damage depending on your playstyle.

If you are prepping for the VKF build, try and get the mats to build Nightforge Stilleto (https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Nightforge_Stiletto) they are easy to get if you run Relic a couple of times to get the Ore and they will last from 8 to 20 no problem. At 20 you will want to swap to GoldCursed from Saltmarsh.

Scrag

Best options for kukris at 20 and at cap? I dont have any raid kukris except the hunt raid kukri...

saekee

long live ROGUE
Best options for kukris at 20 and at cap? I dont have any raid kukris except the hunt raid kukri...
If you are not doing Attuned dino bone stuff for set bonuses then the Labyrinthine edge. I use it with a dino bone in the offhand. The Edge is great in that it has just about everything you want in a weapon (Salt, Fetters, and Bloodrage)

Scrag

If you are not doing Attuned dino bone stuff for set bonuses then the Labyrinthine edge. I use it with a dino bone in the offhand. The Edge is great in that it has just about everything you want in a weapon (Salt, Fetters, and Bloodrage)
Unfortunately I have run that raid exactly once, and never really see it being run. I think I have a dino kukri somewhere though, and I have midnight greetings, maybe thats "good enough"?

PraetorPlato

Labyrinthine edge is arguably the best weapon in the game, so if you can get it, do. If not, I'd go Dino/Goldcursed probably, and take the extra crit feat.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Unfortunately I have run that raid exactly once, and never really see it being run. I think I have a dino kukri somewhere though, and I have midnight greetings, maybe thats "good enough"?
Project Nemesis not run on your server? It is worth learning, a lot of fun. The dino stuff does not need to be attuned—that is just for getting the set bonus of IoD making it easier (attuned weapons hit a bit harder too).

The EMG isn’t that good. They did a lousy job making it legendary.

Scrag

Project Nemesis not run on your server? It is worth learning, a lot of fun. The dino stuff does not need to be attuned—that is just for getting the set bonus of IoD making it easier (attuned weapons hit a bit harder too).

The EMG isn’t that good. They did a lousy job making it legendary.
Sarlona. Nope, never really seen it run. Four times listed maybe. I had the luck of running it twice. Skellies, FoM, lvod, lhox, dryad, hunt, sometimes mod, rarely baba. Never seen a listing for strahd at all.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Sarlona. Nope, never really seen it run. Four times listed maybe. I had the luck of running it twice. Skellies, FoM, lvod, lhox, dryad, hunt, sometimes mod, rarely baba. Never seen a listing for strahd at all.
Well goldcurse legendary dagger is insanely good CC and if you do not need set bonuses etc it can be your mainhand or offhand or even dual wield them.

Kukri works great too if you want to make a pair of dino bone ones. Kurki wins for me because you have the Edge and you save one AP.