LOTRO gets a Battlepass so why not DDO? DDO BATTLEPASS?

LOTRO has a Legendary Weapon tracker that provides plenty of things to improve their legendary items and keep them involved in the game GIVING THEM a reason to log on. Now DDO DESPERATELY needs this same attention but for cosmetic reasons. It's a win win for everyone and here's how you can do it:

Battlepass models in other games have a Free pass with a 2nd parallel tier being the Premium pass(a small cost say like 10-20$ depending on length of the 'season')
Battle_pass_fortnite.png
smite-battle-pass-rewards-1920x1080.jpg

Fortnite and Smite are two different game genres that both have a massively successful version that shows this model in full force. Everyone gets rewards but to the degree of what kind of rewards you get has a pay barrier which is reasonable as long as the rewards are. Even if you don't have time to complete the needed things to advance the battle pass you can make a purchase to advance further in the battle pass to still be able to get what you want on a tight schedule.

Now when is DDO it's most profitable during the year? When Hardcore League is going on. The entire point of HC is to challenge yourself and receive COSMETIC rewards. There's no actual gameplay improvement instead of getting your character completely dripped out and showing off your accomplishments.

BATTLEPASS REWARDS:
Make say 3-6 armors/back pieces(butterfly wing in ex)+ helmets + 1 reusable weapon glamour acheivable PER SEASON and have it divided up into the Free or PREMIUM version of the pass. Not every level in the pass has to include a reward but they can include things like timers/xp pots/store armor kit of your choice/pet of your choice/NEW HAIR STYLES n DYES etc etc to keep it going. All these items provide more reason for us to stay online and run your game.

Have each season last say 2-4 months and give them a theme (eberron/sharn/underdark/amrath). This length keeps up logging on everyday with a new goal in mind instead of standing around the guild ship waiting for something to happen.

HOW TO PROGRESS BATTLE PASS:
Between running an assortment of quests/reapers/leveling up/killing certain bosses(raid and quests alike)/running challenges you have now given us a reason to run every little bit of content that is already available in this game.
Have each of the possibilities to progress be worth X amount of points to advance further along the battlepass, some being worth more than others
(Raids should be worth more than quests)

The opportunity is HERE and we are BEGGING for new cosmetics (NOT RECOLORS DON'T BE LAZY) to grind for while we wait for new content. While we grind out battle passes you could work on that new content even more because now our minds are focused elsewhere! You best believe some people will just buy out the full pass day 1 because we got some big ballers in this game that don't have as much time but still don't want to be left out. Everyone gets what they want.

Make this happen, you will easily see the success reflect with this from the sheer server logins increase and time being logged on along with just sheer profit from having these events. Do not ignore this type of event, because it historically works extremely well and keeps players interested when content is not engaging enough.

Upvote 0

Guntango

Loyal, longtime players of DDO looking for more than just lag fixes? Who could've seen this coming?

If LOTR can get it, SSG should be able to crack off a crumb for DDO. Also, black reaper wings.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We are already running out of storage space. Where to put all those new cosmetics? The storage problem needs a solution first.
As long as you can claim them infinately after achieving the goal (like HC rewards can be by visiting the vendor) then that's a non-issue. Lack of storage space shouldn't prevent SSG from giving us fun goal based objects with rewards on live.

We are already running out of storage space. Where to put all those new cosmetics? The storage problem needs a solution first.
apparently the idea of a Cosmetic Closet has been brought up for years now and the coding or something with it was basically 'too complicated' and "not worth the time", still shouldnt play a part in incetives for actually playing the game

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
apparently the idea of a Cosmetic Closet has been brought up for years now and the coding or something with it was basically 'too complicated' and "not worth the time", still shouldnt play a part in incetives for actually playing the game
its not that its too complicated its just they want to be able to make sure its going to do what they want it to do and be able to and do it right

Levina

sounds to me like unnecessary fluff.

some folks are only here for the fluff at this point.

so long as it doesn't become mandatory it's all good.

Owlbear

if you play the game and do whatever you regularly do, you'd be progressing it lmao not missing out of anything
That's what they tell you... but not how a Battlepass turns out to be! They'll put cool stuff in the $$$ version and make you play 7 days a week so the game wil eventually feel like work.

Guntango

exactly. I have 8 mirrors of glamering sitting in my bank I dont want to use because I have nowhere to store more cosmetics

Time to clean out that wardrobe, lil homie.

I like other MMO models that have a list of every possible cosmetic item, and once you unlock it you can use it; no bank space required.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Could offer cosmetic effects like this as a reward (would be fun to be able to add the sparkles from light gravity effect to existing helms).

bt5l9jM.jpg

T.O.

If DDO did a battle pass it would just be another game I don't buy a battle pass for. lol. Cosmetics that have a one month life span. Sure SSG get's paid. Nothing wrong with capitalism to a consumer that easily gets bored.

Danadin

For the love of all that is Holy damage, please do not even mention this. We don't need battle passes, we have plenty of cosmetics as it is and it would just create more options for cash grabs and paywall good cosmetics. If anything the only thing we could use is a cosmetic closet. I prefer the Hardcore leagues for earning season cosmetics because its a skill based option which fits the DDO community better in my opinion.

Nimueh

I think a cosmetic battle pass-like system would be great for a VIP benefit (however, if it is a separate thing from VIP I wouldn't pay for it)

Unsure how the progression system would work however, total exp gained? doesn't work for endgame players, same w/past lives, etc...

It could run off total quest completions? but then ig ppl could zoom through w/short quests, if it would be easier to take quest duration into account that could work.

It would certainly be a good incentive to be VIP especially if the rewards are good (it could be small things like 25 DDO pts every few tiers, 20 or 30% exp pots, slayer pots etc... bigger milestones (10, 25, 50, 75, 100) could have stuff like sov's, or like an ottos for tier 100.