lvl18 Vecna gear?

Col Kurtz

anyone using/farming this stuff?

there's so many good lvl20 items upgradeable from their heroic versions, I'm not really seeing a point to the lvl18 ml Vecna stuff? I guess if I had bank space...maybe

mostly asking cause I found a pretty cool helm Univ Investigator's Helm.
>qual dodge2%/25 spell resist/less displacement/immune fear/blue aug slot + a possible 3pc set bonus

Got me thinking the 3 pc set can be tailored to many builds + add that to a 5 pc salt set at lvl20...starts to sound pretty good.

BUT> we are only lvl18-22 for a few days.. +flippin gear tetris sucks + crafted lvl16 stuff works fine up to21 or 23ish when those juicy Borderlands n' catacombs items become usable

Maybe if we had 300 spaces in our Bank account? ..I guess I'll just dump the helm.

*I am curious if players are using these Ml18 sets and why

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Lots of the 3 pieces are quite solid; used them on HC. Depending on your build, you might be better off with Sharn gear (or the difference might be so small that you won't want to waste bank space holding lvl 15 and 18 gear).

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I just started playing some of the Morgrave content, and so far I don't really have a place for the items I have picked up so far. I'm going to sit on them for a spell, but we'll see. I REALLY like some of the Borderlands items @ 21st. lvl. I"m kinda stunned at how great they are!

Geezer

I simply use a level 15 Sharn set, then when I hit 21, I fill in the blanks with Borderlands stuff till level 29. Seems to me like the drop rate is rather low in heroic Morgrave so I simpy didnt bother farming it.

Sarlona Raiding

Most people don't care because they are running r1 in high heroics and r1/slayers from 20-32 and are way overpowered for the content.

The level 18 gear is definitely an upgrade from sharn esp with the profane bonuses. So if you want the extra power from the upgrade why not. It doesn't take that much time to swap gear, but it may not be worth the time because you don't need it.

It's cheap enough to roll up a bunch of epic gem of many facets that you are likely to have 2 good sets with 3 pieces at 20. Vecna has some interesting options for set bonuses so the gear could potentially fit in at 20, although for casters I would think you would always choose epic might over level 18 forbidden knowledge and the bonuses are small enough that a martial build would probably pass on forbidden knowledge at 20.

A 3 piece vecna set could fit in gear tetris at 20 for some different bonuses.

erethizon1

I just started playing some of the Morgrave content, and so far I don't really have a place for the items I have picked up so far. I'm going to sit on them for a spell, but we'll see. I REALLY like some of the Borderlands items @ 21st. lvl. I"m kinda stunned at how great they are!
They designed heroic borderlands to make it easy to gear up a new character and they designed epic borderlands to provide excellent gear for epic leveling. They said they purposely made all the gear level 21, instead of level 20, because the loot tables increase for everything between 20 and 21 so while it is annoying you have to wear something else each time you epic TR, you end up with great gear for most of epic leveling.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Borderlands issue is there are no set bonuses. That gives the 15 sharn and 18 vecna sets an edge. They BL stuff does make great filler though

IMO

seph1roth5

I'm sure vecna's stuff is stronger than sharn, but not really worth regearing at 18, unless you don't have sharn I guess.

As for lv 20 stuff, I have a few GoMF that usually let me ditch sharn 3piece at 20, on non-casters anyway.

Col Kurtz

if dont need the saga rewards when epic tring , the xp gems from sagas get you to 23 w/ an xp pot... that catacombs helm and necklace cover a ton of stats n boosts. I pretty much build my epic equipment from those as a base.

i guess vecna stuff has a place for those pushing difficulty on lvl18's... but by 21 it seems like we're past that stuff already..so can run cannith n devil dungeons w 20-21 equipment+ destinies

Col Kurtz

it would have made a lot more sense to make vecna heroic around lvl12-14.. old droam and gianthold stuff from heroic is barely usable at this point. But whatever.. too late to go back now

Reactions: DBZ

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Gear tetris for me right now is a WIP... I have a Saltmarsh set that works for 20th level and I fill in with Borderlands stuff @ 21st. lvl and this should carry me up to at least 26-28. I think I need to grind on Sharn some more (ditto for Ravenloft stuff...) :confused:

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
anyone using/farming this stuff?

there's so many good lvl20 items upgradeable from their heroic versions, I'm not really seeing a point to the lvl18 ml Vecna stuff? I guess if I had bank space...maybe

mostly asking cause I found a pretty cool helm Univ Investigator's Helm.
>qual dodge2%/25 spell resist/less displacement/immune fear/blue aug slot + a possible 3pc set bonus

Got me thinking the 3 pc set can be tailored to many builds + add that to a 5 pc salt set at lvl20...starts to sound pretty good.

BUT> we are only lvl18-22 for a few days.. +flippin gear tetris sucks + crafted lvl16 stuff works fine up to21 or 23ish when those juicy Borderlands n' catacombs items become usable

Maybe if we had 300 spaces in our Bank account? ..I guess I'll just dump the helm.

*I am curious if players are using these Ml18 sets and why
Some of those sets are downright worse than level 15 sets which is an issue and none of the weapons can be made sentient which means all the weapons and the whole relic weapon upgrade is dead on arrival.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
If SSG ever takes the suggestion to remove sentience from weapons and give jewels their own gear slot, suddenly lots of weapon choices will be good... well I can dream of that at least. hahah
They sort of did that with the stone quarterstaff. They made it so that it is level 18 that accepts sentience but if you ensentient it becomes minimum level 20.

droid327

Also worth pointing out a lot of people bank their Heroic sagas till 18 and make that boost to 20 even faster, so that L18-20 equipment range is squeezed even thinner

Ironically, Vecna Saga itself contributes to making its own gear a little less valuable

l_remmie

The gear is fine, good even. It's just at an awkward lvl and takes a bunch of effort to get.

Play the quests for fun and diversity and if you get a full set equip it for the same reason. Those sharn sets probably need a good wash anyway.