Magical Trap parts???

Praun

Where can I find Magical Trap parts?

I know you can find them in spell wards, but every spell ward I check has Unholy parts ...

RangerOne

Force parts in House J The Graverobber.

Bottom of the first stair. This was my go to force farm.

Praun

Thanks for all the tips guys. Gonna take my lvl 20 Arty out there and get some parts to make some more web traps ;)

somenewnoob

If you need any trap parts and are on Cannith let me know. I've got a bunch of every type I think. Can mail you some.
(Have 3000 magical)

Last edited:

Praun

If you need any trap parts and are on Cannith let me know. I've got a bunch of every type I think. Can mail you some.
(Have 3000 magical)
I'm on Cannith and would absolutely LOVE as many of those Magical Trap parts as you can spare.

Send them to Praunrage.

I have lots of other components I don't use, is there something you want for them?
Some item to trade or some plat?
I don't have any Astral Shards :(

somenewnoob

I'm on Cannith and would absolutely LOVE as many of those Magical Trap parts as you can spare.

Send them to Praunrage.

I have lots of other components I don't use, is there something you want for them?
Some item to trade or some plat?
I don't have any Astral Shards :(

Will be coming from Kharton, sent 1000. Nah don't need anything for them. (Unless you've got a Tome of Legends #3 laying around you dont need)

If you ever need any of the other parts let me know, other than holy/force I have at least a couple thousand of each.

Scrag

Trapmaking makes no sense to me. I tried making grenades, but they did terrible damage. I saw a trapmaker blow away spawns somehow with mines, but they take too long to place to use?

Can someone clearly explain how to use mines, especially in the context of an r1-r6 team?

AustrianDeathMachine

Trapmaking makes no sense to me. I tried making grenades, but they did terrible damage. I saw a trapmaker blow away spawns somehow with mines, but they take too long to place to use?

Can someone clearly explain how to use mines, especially in the context of an r1-r6 team?
The use of mines depends on the speed of the group. If it is a fast group don't bother unless there is a timed spawn and you have a free minute to place them.
If I use mines, I will mainly just use web or glitterdust since they are a lingering effect that does not effect the party like grease or hypnotic pattern.

Praun

I've had the greatest success with Web.
The other traps work well too like Ice, Sonic, and Fire, but placing them can be tricky.

Having a high Disable Device skill helps because they have to beat that skill to avoid the trap. Although I've had plenty of traps never get triggered, so I try to make sure to place them where I know they will go off. Even then they sometimes get missed. I wish they had a short timer on them, that would be handy.

Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
The use of mines depends on the speed of the group. If it is a fast group don't bother unless there is a timed spawn and you have a free minute to place them.
If I use mines, I will mainly just use web or glitterdust since they are a lingering effect that does not effect the party like grease or hypnotic pattern.
Grease w/ fireball (*fire pot) rocks. n you can pick traps back up if they don't trigger. Wish we could pick up Hands like that.. :sneaky: