Make first time xp bonuses reset after a week.

voenixa121

Please make first time and delving xp bonuses reset after a week. It would make it easier to catch up on epic past lives and on reaper points at level cap.

Upvote 4

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Please make first time and delving xp bonuses reset after a week. It would make it easier to catch up on epic past lives and on reaper points at level cap.
That... sort of defeats the point of there being a "first time" bonus at all, doesn't it?

Lazuli

It is a good idea. If you TR, you gain an additional past life, so I don't see why not.

Eme

the idea is to encourage you to do more than an epic past life every now and then, as a true resets everything

droid327

It is a good idea. If you TR, you gain an additional past life, so I don't see why not.

If you TR you also reset to L1 and have to work your way back up to cap

There's no reason they need to incentivize staying at cap and farming RXP

ETR should reset your 1st time bonus but only for epic quests.

If someone wanna ETR 54 times in a row, the game should support that.

This is a better idea, since ETR at least drops you back to L20. Its fair that you get your Epic FTBs working your way back up through Epic

I get why it doesnt - its coded as a LR, not a TR - but there should be a workaround somewhere

Lazuli

If you TR you also reset to L1 and have to work your way back up to cap

There's no reason they need to incentivize staying at cap and farming RXP
There are objectives to do if you stay in the cap: doing high reapers (easier and more productive in the cap), farming loot, doing raids, and for many people, not having to reincarnate (not everyone likes to reincarnate - these people could work on end game stuff without getting past lives. I don't see anything wrong with it), but currently TR is way more incentivized.

But in reality, there is not much incentive to stay at cap if the first completions are never reset. Forcing people to reincarnate just to reset them makes no sense. Reincarnation has its own rewards, such as past lives and store points.

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
The game has changed a lot in almost 2 decades. Now there is heroic reinvarnataion, epic reincarnation and soon there will be legendary reincarnation.
TRs and any kind of lesser TRs should follow the progression of the game and should offer new and more efficient ways to TR

droid327

Forcing people to reincarnate just to reset them makes no sense.

Reincarnating just to reset your FTBs for RXP makes no sense

In the time it takes you to get back from 1->30, you could have probably earned the same amount of RXP just running dailies that you'd get from the FTBs. Unless you Otto's your way back, but then let the whales whale.

mikarddo

Once a month would be fine. Once a week would be way too often.
You need to support running many different quests, not just the same ones, also for people that do not play 150+ quests a week.

I doubt we will get either - but I am hoping we will get something similar to the current "reach 30, insta 32" for epics and heroics. I am not sure how it should work exactly but having to replay 1-30 when you do not get past lives from TR is a bit unfun.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Ok, so should reset the quest and raid flagging - not a good idea
This is true. Flagging has to go. Noone likes it and unnecessary anyway.
Thats why I wrote above the game should follow the progression and should offer new and more efficient ways to TR

Supot

That would lessen the amount of time needed for a player to finish achieving epic completionist.
It would be unfair for all the players who spend on leveling and would also diminish the value of the Epic Otto's Box.
It would also make farming RXP easier.

I do not see this happening. I think the current loop is what the devs want. Reincarnation currently is a give and take. You want to reset it, you need to start from 1. Having it reset every week/month is buying your cake and eating it too and having both.

Lazuli

Reincarnating just to reset your FTBs for RXP makes no sense

In the time it takes you to get back from 1->30, you could have probably earned the same amount of RXP just running dailies that you'd get from the FTBs. Unless you Otto's your way back, but then let the whales whale.
No, in my experience you get more rxp by doing TR and getting first terminations. Unless you are slow leveling, of course.
But in that case you will also be slow making reapers.

Ahpuch

This just seems like a bandaid on a convoluted system. I would rather they rework the myriad of bonus into something rational rather than slap another modifier on a bad system. They really don't need first time and delving as two separate bonuses and then timers on resetting some of those but not others. It really doesn't need to be that complex.

Of course that won't happen. So the reset on Epic Reincarnation might be reasonable.

Of course that won't happen either. Because that will cause unexpected changes in XP being granted and how players quest and TR because the XP in Epic leveling will skyrocket.